Governorate Focal Point (DTM)
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position: Governorate Focal Point (DTM)
Organizational Unit: Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM)
Duty Station: Yemen, Marib
IOM Classification: Ungraded
Type of Appointment: MPH Contract/Ungraded 3 Months (Renewable)
SVN No. : CFCV2019/213
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: Sunday 15, December 2019
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates
Under the overall coordination of the DTM Program Manager and under the direct supervision of the DTM Project Officer, and the technical guidance from the information management team, the incumbent will be responsible for the gathering and dissemination of displacement related data collected in the field and support Emergency Unit Activities.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Supervise, monitor and accountable for the process of data collection performed by the enumerator field staff throughout the governorate of responsibility.
- Ensure the timely data entry of the forms/questionnaires and process them in IOM online system.
- Support in the verification of the information and accuracy of the data in the physical forms/questionnaire to clean it before processing it into IOM database system in close coordination with field staff enumerators.
- Supervise IOM enumerators adherence to agreed SOPs on data collection and deadlines as per IOM DTM guidelines per governorate of responsibility;
- Ensure quality control and necessary correction of data collected in close coordination with the governorate enumerator prior sharing with Information Management Team.
- Utilize established mobile data collection tools and other tools that may be developed in the future.
- Visit IDP, returnee and Migrant locations and gather information on their number, location, demographic, and other basic data as requested;
- Collect information on the humanitarian situation and needs through close coordination with counterparts and key informants at the governorate, district and location level;
- Examine and process data into simple forms in accordance with instructions and guidelines received;
- Report on priority areas and needed interventions to the Governorate Focal Point based on ground realities to inform future activities;
- Support CCCM site monitoring in target governorates;
- Identify and maintain relationships with local partners on the ground;
- Perform any other related duties assigned by direct supervisor.
- In coordination with the field enumerators, brief/debrief with the enumerators to better understand displacement trends and to monitor data collection issues encountered in the field.
- Communicate and work with IOM field staff to support understanding and adherence to agreed Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) on data collection in all locations.
- Contribute to the measurement of progress made to achieve planned objectives within the governorate team.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Competed Higher Diploma in Information Technology, Information Management, Computer Science with three years of relevant experience OR
- Completion of secondary school education with 5 years of relevant experience in IT, Information Management and Computer Science
- Knowledge and experience in humanitarian programmes for migrants and capacity-building activities.
- Experience in data/information management, preferably in conflict situations.
- Experience with international organizations, INGO an advantage.
- Sound and proven understanding of internal and international migration issues in Yemen and the wider sub- region and its related issues;
- Experience with handling confidential data.
- Demonstrated understanding of different data collection methodologies.
- Proven skills to assist in analysing statistical information.
Languages English and Arabic
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
- Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
- Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Female with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via email to email@example.com indicating position applied on the subject line by Sunday 15 Dec 2019
In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, with a subject line CFCV2019/213 Marib, Governorate Focal Point (DTM) UM
All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
“Only shortlisted candidates will be contracted”
Posting period: From 02. Dec.2019 to 15. Dec.2019