Ended Finance Assistant
FSC #: IHAY/2018/0002
Length of Time: 10 Months
Location: Aden, Yemen
Number of positions: 1
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender equality, youth, research, technology, communication and social marketing — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development and humanitarian challenge in more than 70 countries.
FHI 360 is currently processing registration with Ministry of Partnership and International Cooperation (MOPIC) with the aim of meaningfully contributing to the humanitarian assistance effort in Yemen through its Crisis Response Unit. FHI 360 intends to provide humanitarian assistance to crisis-affected population in governorates in the areas of primary health care; water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH); and nutrition.
We are looking for a Finance Assistant to support our day-to-day transactions, including expenses and payroll.
Finance Assistant responsibilities include processing payments, maintaining cost reports and managing invoices. If you have an accounting background and are interested in procedures like tax management and budget preparation, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you’ll help maintain our organization’s financial health and make sure we use our resources beneficially.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DELIVERABLES
- Ensure that financial transactions are carried out in a timely manner in accordance with general accounting principles and fhi360 and donor guidelines. Tasks and responsibilities include:
- Maintain cashbooks and accounts records and ensure payments are allocated to the correct project and budget line;
- Ensure that shared costs are allocated appropriately across projects;
- Ensure that monthly cashbooks are completed and submitted on time;
- In consultation with Crisis Response Coordinator, Country Director, prepare expenditure forecasts and ensure that adequate funds are available for program activities;
- Train program staff on effective and efficient financial management and budget tracking;
- Ensure timely and accurate payment of telephone, internet, electricity and other utility bills;
- Assist in developing and revising, as needed, fhi360 operating, program and project budgets.
- Provide training to staff on effective and efficient financial management, HR manual, Procurement procedures and budget tracking;
- Review and monitor partners' financial reporting and compliance. Provide additional technical assistance to partners as necessary to maintain compliance standards.
- Confirm that payment related to procurement have the necessary documentation as outlined in fhi360 procurement policies and procedures for all goods and services.
- Ensure that all transactions are booked on daily basis into the cash book in accordance with guidelines;
- Ensure that proper authorization has been obtained before any payment takes place;
- Ensure that all vouchers are properly coded (project no., budget line and G/L account)
- Processing all payments in time.
- Assist the main office to monitor the prepaid expenses, outstanding advances and any other commitments.
- Maintenance of a proper and transparent filling system of all documents relation to finance.
- Confirm availability of funds before authorization of project expenditures.
- Ensure all financial transitions have the required supporting documents.
- Handling all finance related work when s/he is on leave.
- 2-3 years of experience providing Finance or related specialist.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) and Finance systems.
- Vocational or specialized training desired
- Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO) desirable but not required.
Please provide the following items with your submission:
- Cover letter/Letter of Interest
- Current CV
- 2-3 professional references we may contact who can speak to the experience of similar projects
please mention in the email subject the position and location you apply for it.
SUBMIT DOCUMENTATION to (only electronic submissions and no phone calls, please)
yemenrecuit@fhi360@org by 9 December 2019.