Ended Logistics Officer
Job Title: Logistics Officer - Hodeidah
Country and Base of posting: Yemen - Hodeidah
Reports to: Logistics Manager
Announcing Date:: 2nd December 2019
Closing Date: 15th December 2019
Contract duration: 6 months renewable
The Logistics Officer Hodeidah will be the Lead in managing all Technical Logistics functions below under the direct supervision of the Hodeidah Logistics Manager. S/he will provide effective, efficient and timely Logistics support to programme implementation activities in compliance with PU-AMI and donor processes, procedures and regulations. The Logistics Officer will support the Logistics Manager in planning, execution and monitoring of Logistics activities in Hodeidah and Raymah, Yemen Mission Programs.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Human Resources: S/he will ensure effective management of the Logistics Assistant(s) in Hodeidah. S/he will supervise the Logistics Assistant and build his/her capacity to discharge his/her duties effectively.
Logistics Planning and Management: S/He will support the Logistics Manager in performing Logistics activities and plans to support program implementation. S/He will implement Logistics policies and procedures and ensure all programme needs are met on a timely manner in accordance with PU-AMI standards.
Fleet and movement: S/He ensures a proper management and follow-up of the vehicles fleet at base level and a proper planning and follow-up of movement within Hodeidah and other governorates
Assets, Equipment and Premises: S/He will ensure proper management,control and follow-up of all assets, equipment and premises in compliance with PU-AMI and donor Guidelines.
IT: S/He will ensure, with support from the Logistics Assistant, a proper sizing, management and maintenance of all IT equipment at base level.
Security: The Logistics Officer will support the Security and Liaison Manager as well as Logistics Manager in the Security Plan/Rules implementation as well as security information gathering and sharing.
Reporting and Information Sharing: The Logistics Officer will ensure all relevant technical logistic information is shared with relevant departments in a timely manner, prepare and share monthy and annual reports in accordance with Logistics Requirements and act as the custodian of all technical logistics Related Policies and procedures in accordance with PU-AMI and donor regulations.
Specific Goals and Related Activities
- TEAM MANAGEMENT
- S/he ensures the direct supervision and the management of the Hodeidah Logistics Assistants and Base guards and daily workers.
- S/he ensures that planned activities and objectives are achieved by the Hodeidah logistics department and lead the mid-term and final staff appraisals under his/her docket.
- S/he participates in the hiring process of staff under him/her (Logistics Assistant, Base Guards, Drivers and Daily Workers) with support from the Hodeidah Administration team.
- S/he ensures compliance with PU-AMI Internal Rules and Procedures at a base level and makes sure that procedures, processes (IT, Fleet, Transport, Premises Management) are known and respected.
- S/he ensures integration of new staff within the Hodeidah logistics department, trained on the project context, relevant tools and procedures, as well as proper understanding of PU-AMI policies.
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (IT)
- Overall responsible for Server and server application maintenance (Hardware integration, Windows server maintenance, WIFI Connectivity, anti-virus installation and maintenance).
- In charge to ensure computer hardware and application installation and configuration as well as maintenance of Laptops, Desktops, MS Windows, MS Office, and email clients, anti-virus and other custom software.
- S/He will perform network administration activities to include back-ups, restoration of files, requesting for addition of users or deleting of users from the domain server; checking space requirements; applying and monitoring security patches for all operating systems and server applications; installing and configuring network systems and configuring router and firewall firmware and software.
- S/He shall troubleshoot staff computer and application problems; perform repairs as needed, provide feedback, recommend and implement solutions, upgrades and training for all staff users.
- Regularly check computer systems to optimize performance and to initiate recovery action after Operating system failures; Manage, control, and secure all software in all computers in Hodeidah base.
- Responsible to make suggestions on network hardware requirement, software upgrades and improvements
- Proactively work with the Coordination office IT Officer to create and maintain effective inventory of IT and communication equipment at base level.
- S/He will assist the Supply Chain Officer in the procurement and evaluation of all IT technical equipment at base level. Liaise with the Coordination IT Officer for validation.
- S/He ensures the proper planning, management and implementation of Logistics procedures at Hodeidah Base level.
- S/He ensures proper planning and organization of all transportation activities between Sanaa and Hodeidah as well as to and from other bases in Yemen and communicates effectively to ensure smooth operations.
- S/He ensures proper follow up with Coordination on all Hodeidah Logistics needs, works closely and follows up on any base requests to coordination.
- S/He works closely with the base and Country level pharmacist to ensure proper handling and transportation of programme supplies and medical drugs from Sanaa to Hodeidah and to Sub-Bases.
- S/he works with others in Hodeidah to ensure relevant paper work and permits are obtained for movements and transportation of supplies and staff in liaison with the Security and Liaison Manager.
FLEET AND TRANSPORTATION
- S/He works with other departments and programme staff to ensure proper planning of movements for staff and supplies,
- Ensures monthly movement planning and cost effective fleet sizing to meet Base Requirements and needs.
- S/He ensures proper follow-up of PU-AMI vehicles and rental vehicles at base level, communicating in advance with Car Rental Company for fleet needs and addressing any challenges arising thereof (replacement vehicles, breakdowns, change of drivers, need for maintenance and repair).
- Organize the allocation and daily availability of vehicles for planned movements.
- Establish and implement tools for vehicles follow-up (log books, technical check-ups) and ensure proper schedules preventive maintenance of vehicles.
- Calculate and check the monthly cost of each vehicle (fuel consumption, repairs) in coordination with the Logistics Manager.
- Plan, elaborate and put in place a follow up system and timetable for regular stock delivery for projects while ensuring Packing Lists and Waybills as well as Log Sheets are properly signed for any journeys made.
- Organize and oversee loading and unloading of programme supplies in Hodeidah.
MANAGEMENT OF POWER SUPPLY & EQUIPMENT:
- Organize the installation of equipment: generators, solar panels and other energy sources at Hodeidah base level
- Train staff and Guards on the operation of such equipment at Base level and warehouses
- Ensure regular preventive maintenance and undertake a monthly inventory of equipment
- Ensure proper fuel management, issue and receipt as well as stock update (stock cards, Fuel Vouchers, validations, etc)
ASSETS AND PREMISES’ MANAGEMENT
- S/He ensures that all the assets assigned to Hodeidah base are properly identified and updated in the Equipment List in compliance with PU-AMI procedures and donors’ guidelines.
- S/He ensures the good use and maintenance of all assets at base level in compliance with PU-AMI procedures and following manufacturers’ user manual or internal user manuals if necessary.
- S/He ensures proper maintenance of all the premises at base level.
- S/He ensures that all the energy means necessary at base level are available and are managed in compliance with PU-AMI procedures.
- S/He ensures that all premises at base level are properly equipped in compliance with PU-AMI security guidelines (hibernation kits, first aid kits and fire extinguishers).
- S/He ensures that all transportation means at base level are equipped and used in compliance with PU-AMI security guidelines.
- S/He supports the Logistics Manager and the Field Coordinator with any security information gathered from operating movements and fleet
- Liaises with the Liaison and Security Manager in mitigating risks associated with movements and fleet operations.
COORDINATION, REPORTING AND DISSEMINATION OF INFORMATION
- S/He is focal point for Program Departments for any logistics’ related issue at Base Level.
- S/He liaises with Admin Department in Forecasting financial needs for Logistics related activities and expenditures.
- S/He will ensure sharing of Monthly Movement Plans regularly and on a weekly basis and respond to any Logistics related queries on a timely manner.
- S/He will ensure proper documentation and archiving of all Logistics activities, in compliance with PU-AMI procedures and donors’ guidelines.
- S/He ensures proper and accurate preparation of the technical logistics tools (fuel F-U, maintenance F-U, Equipment List, Sat Phone Credit F-U) of the monthly Logistics Reports for Hodeidah Base by the 5th of each preceding month, shares with the Logistics Manager for review.
Focus on 3 priority activities relating to the context of the mission
- Proper Management of Hodeidah Logistics staff (Logistics Assistants, guards, daily workers) including leave and roster as well as performance management.
- Management of the Logistics function including coordinating movements, monthly movement planning, implementation, proper fleet sizing and management and control systems in to ensure proper utilization.
- Ensure proper logistics, fleet, energy, Assets, Equipment and security management. Introduce proper documentation, approvals and validations together with proper tools and templates.
Number of people to manage and their position (local staff)
- Direct management: One Logistics Assistant in Hodeidah; Drivers and Guards at base level
- In-Direct management: Warehouse Security Guards + potential daily workers.
Required knowledge and skills
Education / Training
Knowledge and skills
Required Personal Characteristics
- Motivation to help people in need
- Conflict resolution and diplomacy experience
- Good communication and diplomacy skills to manage relationship in potentially tense situations
If you believe that you have the qualifications and skills to excel in this position, please send an one-page cover letter and CV in English by email to email@example.com with the subject heading " Logistics Officer Supervisor “ no later than 15th December 2019.