Ended Liaison Officer
Appel de Genève / Geneva Call is looking for Liaison Officer / Sana’a
Geneva Call is an independent, neutral and impartial humanitarian, not for profit, non-governmental organization that promotes the respect for international humanitarian norms in armed conflicts and other situations of armed violence, in particular regarding the protection of civilians. Geneva Call is registered as a Foundation under Swiss law. It works in conflict zones around the globe.
Geneva Call is implementing a programme to improve protection of civilians in the context of the armed conflict in Yemen through engagements with armed actors and raising awareness of Yemeni civil society and community elders on humanitarian norms.
Position / Title: Liaison Officer
Département / Department: Operation UNIT
Lieu de travail / Workplace: Aden, Yemen
Mission/ Mission: The person provides expertise on liaison support to field office while serving in Sanaa
Rôle / Overall activities: The principal representative of Geneva Call to all parties in Sana'a
General description and main activities
Under the supervision of Geneva Call Country Director and Global the holder of this post is responsible for:
- Support Geneva Call to liaise with governmental authorities in the area of responsibility;
- Support the liaising between government departments or offices with Geneva Call representatives;
- Liaise and provide assistance to achieve the approval and signature by the relevant authorities of principal agreement(s), sub-agreements, work and travel permits;
- Support the processing the visas of international staff members and visitors, residences requests, permits, security clearance, exit visas ;
- Ensure awareness of all relevant information in relation to regulations, procedures and policies on INGOs. As well as ensuring inform and update management as required;
- Ensure that all relevant documents are translated, and appropriately internally and externally filed as part of the submission process with the authorities;
- Assist staff to plan and obtain approvals for training, workshops and events according to procedures set by authorities;
- Provide administrative support and maintain the record in proper filling system both in hard and soft form as well as in both English and Arabic;
- Put in place, maintain and update a tracking system on visas, agreements, sub-agreements, travel and resident permits, etc;
- When needed, arranges accommodation and transportation for other staff members travelling nationally or coming from abroad.
- If and when requested by Country Director, liaise and maintain good relationship with authorities, agencies, airport and immigration authorities and any other stakeholders ;
- Carry out any other tasks relevant tasks associated with the post as assigned by Country Director
• University degree in social sciences, business administration, public relations or any other relevant degree.
• 3-5 years minimum experience in working with humanitarian organizations.
• 2-3 years minimum experience of liaison and representation with senior level authorities.
• Must have strong interpersonal skills and ability to advocate and influence.
• Must have demonstrated diplomatic communication skills with ability to build a strong network with a variety of stakeholders.
• Willing to travel regularly within designated areas of work, may also require travel outside the area, thus flexibility is required when needed.
• Native Arabic speaker and advanced English language skills
• Must demonstrate knowledge and respect for humanitarian principles and standards.
• Competent in drafting official letters in Arabic and English
- Position: Liaison Officer
- Based in Sanaa
- Preferred start date: As soon as possible
- Yemeni National, eligible to work in-country
To apply, please send your cover letter and CV in PDF format to email@example.com Ref: “Liaison Officer” no later than 10th of December 2019.
Note: Please only submit one application matching your experience and qualification. Geneva Call reserves the right to take qualified applicants and process the interview before the end of the closing date, so please don’t wait to apply. Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted for further process.
All applications will be kept confidential. Geneva Call is an equal opportunity employer