Ended Health & Nutrition Project Coordinator(Re Advertise)
Health & Nutrition Project Coordinator(Re Advertise)
Location: Shabwa, Yemen
Position: Health and Nutrition Project Coordinator
Reports to: Program Manager
Duration: Till November 30, 2020
ABOUT RI: Established in 1990, Relief International (RI) is a leading global humanitarian, non-profit organization committed to transforming adversity into renewal for the world’s most vulnerable populations. By partnering with communities on the front-lines, RI innovatively bridges the gap between immediate relief and long-term community development, providing them the tools and support they need to gain self-reliance.
Under the supervision of the technical supervision from the OFDA Program Manager in Aden, the Health and Nutrition Project Coordinator (PC) will dedicate 100% of his/her time leading, coordinating and ensuring the high quality implementation of all project activities in Shabwah, as well as ensuring timely reporting and compliance with donor rules and regulations and developing new funding opportunities. The PC will strengthen relationships with all stakeholders in target project areas. The PC will coordinate closely with local and national stakeholders in new proposed sites of implementation to ensure the appropriate coordination of activities and avoid overlaps of assistance.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Overall management of the OFDA project in Shabwah: including planning, needs re-assessment, and mobilization, financial planning and tracking, supervision of national staff, technical guidance, reporting, through the teams under his/her direct supervision and in coordination with support departments, Program Manager and Director, and with assistance of Area Manager, OFDA PM and Technical Advisors (if relevant)
- Manage and report on the project in order to meet the project objectives in line with the proposal, log frame and budget and within the allotted time frame.
- Provide strong leadership, working to ensure both short and long-term positive outcomes for the beneficiaries, local authorities and local staff.
- Ensure that all project activities are being implemented in line with RI’s internal policies, at the same time respecting donor and cluster regulations as well as international humanitarian sector standards.
- Monitor activities, overseeing the technical design, and execution and evaluating progress.
- Provide input into the integration of beneficiary participation in all aspects of the project.
- Liaise with the donors and clusters, and other relevant stakeholders, on technical aspects of project implementation, in consultation with the Program Manager and Program Director
- Liaise with Area Manager to facilitate program implementation
- Provide technical advice to the Project Teams, build the capacity of staff in program implementation
- Provide quality control of RI interventions within the project, in cooperation with MEAL Department
- Contribute to monitoring, evaluating and documenting progress of program implementation against indicators are being followed as overall program management progress monitoring and of each project separately against project proposals and logical frameworks
- Inform Program Manager on activity progress and make recommendations for course correction if necessary.
- Provide overall direction focusing on program team to achieve agreed targets and long-term strategic objectives.
- Ensure that RI policies and procedures are adhered to adequately
- Hire and line-manage the staff of the assigned projects, including day-to-day management, development and training, appraisals, etc.
- Promote positive team environment between various teams and project staff in different locations.
- Facilitate dialog and group decision making where appropriate.
- Ensure mentoring and coaching for performance is undertaken for direct reports.
- Ensure staff are trained to the appropriate international standards.
- Supervise consultants or volunteers as required.
Qualifications and Requirements:
This position demands a dynamic individual with a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast paced environment.
- Minimum of 3 years professional experience in Health and Nutrition sector; experience with INGO required.
- Minimum of 2 years professional experience in lead management implementing emergency response programs in a conflict setting.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field or bachelor’s degree with commensurate work experience.
- Experience of program cycle management, and experience in a complex and matrix-managed organization
- Knowledge of effective financial and budgetary controls; proven ability to manage budgets
- Leadership qualities, motivational skills, mentoring ability; proven experience overseeing and developing a team
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English required.
- Excellent time management skills and resourcefulness with strong attention to detail.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
Transparency and Accountability
Agility and Innovation
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to Click Here for submitting their application, the deadline for receiving the application Dec 09, 2019.Kindly indicate the Position and location in the subject. Application without clear subject will be excluded.
- Females Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted