Ended Senior Programme Assistant
Reference code: YEMSA/HR/2019/35
UNITED NATIONS HIGH COMMISSIONER FOR REFUGEES
INTERNAL/EXTERNAL VACANCY NOTICE
Title of Position: Senior Programme Assistant
Position Number: 10032809
Type of Contract: Fixed Term Appointment
Category & Level: General Service, G-5
Location: CO Sana’a, Yemen
Effective date: ASAP
Duration: initially for a period of one year
Date of Issue: 3 December 2019
Closing Date: 16 December 2019
Organizational Setting and Work Relationships
The Senior Programme Assistant would normally receive guidance from more senior programme staff in the operation/bureau/division. The incumbent may receive indirect guidance from other sections and units relevant to the country/region programme(s). UNHCR Manual, Operations Plans, UN and UNHCR financial/budgetary rules and regulations will guide the work of the Senior Program Assistant.
S/he is expected to have contacts within the organization and outside the duty station, as well as with partners and other stakeholders to collect information, monitor programme activities and implement administrative requirements. The incumbent is expected to work in line with the multi-functional team (MFT) approach as defined within the Program Manual, ensuring the participation of relevant stakeholders in all phases of the Program Management Cycle.
All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR’s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
- Provide administrative assistance and support in routine services and activities within Programme thus better able to meet the needs of persons of concern.
- Assist in organizing and documenting the selection of partners in accordance with the policy on selection and retention of partners, ensuring due diligence to meet the requirements of projects.
- Provide support to ensure partnership agreements are established in a timely manner, regularly monitored and reported on, in compliance with established guidelines and procedures included in the framework for implementing with partners.
- Guided by the MFT approach, support the development and implementation of monitoring plans for activities implemented through partnerships and those under direct implementation in line with Programme Manual and programming instructions.
- Contribute to the review and analysis of operations plans, mid-year and year-end reports, ensuring quality assurance and compliance with established policies, guidelines, procedures and standards. Generate and maintain records of implementation rate (performance progress and expenditures) on a regular basis.
- Assist in ensuring compliance with issuance of audit certificates for partners in line with the Policy on Risk-Based Project Audits.
- Use UNHCR’s corporate tools (e.g. Focus Client, Global Focus Insight and FOCUS Reader, MSRP) for core activities related to planning, budgeting, implementation and reporting, generating data for evidence-based programmatic decisions and analysis.
- Actively contribute to UNHCRs programming of community of practice and continuously contributing to improvements of programming tools and processes.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Education & Professional Work Experience
Years of Experience / Degree Level
For G5 - 5 years of relevant experience with a High school diploma
Relevant Job Experience
Demonstrated experience in Programme Management, Operation Management Cycle and related processes. Knowledge of Results Based-Management. Computer skills (in MS office) including advanced Excel skills (pivot tables, data management, etc)
Completion of UNHCR Learning Programmes or specific training relevant to function of the position including Programme Management – Level 1. E-tutoring of PM1, Framework for Implementing with Partners Learning Programme. Experience in programme management training and capacity building activities.
PG-Programme Management (project formulation, programme cycles and reporting standards)
Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
Teamwork & Collaboration
Commitment to Continuous Learning
Client & Result Orientation
Empowering and Building Trust
General Service Staff members currently serving at the duty station where the vacancy exists, who have been appointed through the AC process and have indefinite or Fixed Term appointment. Interested staff members should consult the Policy and Procedures on Assignments of Locally recruited Staff (PPAL). If you have questions regarding eligibility, please contact Ganna Gordiievska (email@example.com).
External candidates must be legally present in Yemen at the time of application, recruitment and hire.
Interested candidates must fill the NEW Personal History (P.11) form and the supplementary Bio Data table (Excel). Completed P11 form and summary table should be submitted along with a motivation letter and CV by e-mail to the below email address.
The email subject line MUST clearly indicate the Last Name, Title of the position and VA Ref. number stated on this announcement. Applications missing any of the above elements, and not duly completed, will unfortunately not be considered.
Associate HR Officer
Tel. contact: +967-1-469771/2
Fax: +967-1-469 770
Shortlisted candidates may be required to sit for a test. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. No late applications will be accepted.
UNHCR is committed to diversity and welcomes applications from qualified candidates regardless of disability, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).