Ended Senior Field Associate
Reference code: YEMSA/HR/2019/30
UNITED NATIONS HIGH COMMISSIONER FOR REFUGEES
INTERNAL/EXTERNAL VACANCY NOTICE
Title of Position: Senior Field Associate
Position Number: 10030461
Type of Contract: Fixed Term Appointment
Category & Level: General Service, G-7
Location: FO Hodeidah, Yemen
Effective date: ASAP
Duration: initially for a period of one year
Date of Issue: 3 December 2019
Closing Date: 16 December 2019
The Senior Field Associate is normally supervised by the (Snr.) Field Officer or Head of Office and performs a variety of functions related to Field activities within the office. The supervisor defines general work objectives and the incumbent completes the work independently. Work is controlled for meeting expected results and conformity to policy and procedures by the supervisor. The Senior Field Associate normally supervises some General Service support staff.
The incumbent keeps frequent internal contacts with staff members in the same duty station to exchange information, to establish understanding of respective needs; to ensure provision of services and resolution of problems and with the external contacts generally with officials of national and international institutions, leaders of the refugee community, local population and/or Implementing Partners (IPs) on subject matters which may be of importance to the Organization.
- UNHCR’s policies, standards and procedures are constantly and coherently applied in the area of responsibility AoR).
- The needs of persons of concern in the AoR are assessed and analysed in a participating manner and using an Age, Gender and Diversity (AGD) perspective to form a firm basis for planning.
- Undertake regular visits to various sites in order to assess needs of persons of concern, with particular attention to vulnerable groups.
- Advise the supervisor on programme requirements and formulate project submissions, including community development and self-reliance activities, where applicable, in collaboration with authorities and implementing partners.
- Monitor and supervise the implementation of UNHCR programme including the delivery of all assistance items and monitoring of infrastructure and make the necessary recommendation for its improvement.
- Keep regular contacts with local authorities and implementing partners as requested by supervisor.
- Act as interpreter when required.
- Contribute to the preparation of status and progress reports by providing info, preparing tables, etc.
- Monitor refugee movements related to repatriation and other inter-camps transfers.
- Inform and act on the reports received on persons of concern within the refugee community or from the local authorities.
- Handle, in coordination with implementing partners, the reception, registration and provision of assistance to persons of concern to UNHCR.
- Undertake other relevant duties as required.
- Negotiate with local authority counterparts, partners and populations of concern.
- Represent UNHCR in physical monitoring of projects.
- Provide inputs for the country operations plan and other submissions and reports.
Essential Minimum Qualifications, Professional Experience and Required Competencies
- Completion of the Secondary Education with post-secondary training/certificate in Business Administration, Law, Political Science or related field.
- Minimum 11 years of previous job experience relevant to the function.
- Knowledge of International legal affairs relating to asylum, migration and related issues.
- Computer skills.
- Excellent knowledge of English and working knowledge of another relevant UN language or local language.
- Empowering and Building Trust
- Managing Performance
- Analytical Thinking
- Planning and Organizing
- Stakeholder Management
Desirable Qualifications and Competencies
- Completion of UNHCR learning programmes or specific training relevant to functions of the position.
- UNHCR field experience.
General Service Staff members currently serving at the duty station where the vacancy exists, who have been appointed through the AC process and have indefinite or Fixed Term appointment. Interested staff members should consult the Policy and Procedures on Assignments of Locally recruited Staff (PPAL). If you have questions regarding eligibility, please contact Ganna Gordiievska (firstname.lastname@example.org).
External candidates must be legally present in Yemen at the time of application, recruitment and hire.
Interested candidates must fill the NEW Personal History (P.11) form and the supplementary Bio Data table (Excel). Completed P11 form and summary table should be submitted along with a motivation letter and CV by e-mail to the below email address.
The email subject line MUST clearly indicate Last Name, Title of the position and VA Ref. number stated on this announcement. Applications missing any of the above elements, and not duly completed, will unfortunately not be considered.
Associate HR Officer
Tel. contact: +967-1-469771/2
Fax: +967-1-469 770
Shortlisted candidates may be required to sit for a test. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. No late applications will be accepted.
UNHCR is committed to diversity and welcomes applications from qualified candidates regardless of disability, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).