Ended Finance Assistant (Females only)
Duties and responsibilities
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Assist with the implementation of the support function portfolio according to plan of action.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
- Ensure proper filing of documents.
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function.
- Assist Finance officer in preparing all payments vouchers and cheques while ensuring adequacy and accuracy of supporting documentation.
- Assist in transfer cash programing to designated beneficiaries through local exchanger agencies or handling cash in unconditional and conditional cash activities in field area.
- Assist finance officer in bank accounts and cashboxes reconciliations.
- Undertake timely analysis and submission or filing of all financial documentation.
- Scan all vouchers, contracts and other financial documents as well as supporting documents on regular basis.
- Maintain accurate financial and accounting files and transactions, both soft and hard copies.
- Assist in preparation of periodic financial reports and submit for review.
- Assist in accounting procedures reviews to ensure compliance with all the applicable accounting laws and statutory regulations, NRC requirements and donor regulations.
- Maintain liaisons with officials of local banks to obtain day-to-day information on exchange and interest rates, changes in procedures and regulations, and matters pertaining to maintenance of office bank accounts.
- Preparing and verifying payments vouchers and cheques while ensuring adequacy and accuracy of supporting documentation.
- Liaise with official local banks to obtain day-to-day information on exchange and interest rates and acting accordingly.
- Performs other duties, as required.
- Bachelor degree in Finance/Accounting.
- One year relevant experience preferable..
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Some knowledge of English.
- Numerical skills.
- Good office administration skills.
- Strong and proactive interpersonal skills.
- Good computer spreadsheet skills with exposure to computer-based accounting systems.
- Excellent communication, including report writing skills.
- Accurate and with keen attention to detail.
- Handling insecure environment.
- Planning and delivering results.
- Empowering and building trust.
- Communicating with impact and respect.
We can offer
Till 31 March 2020 (with possibility of extension based on funding).