Ended Snr. Registration Assistant
VACANCY NOTICE - YEMAD/HR/2019/40
Title of Position: Snr. Registration Assistant
Position Number: 10028683
Category & Level: GL-5
Location: FO Kharaz, Yemen
Effective date: ASAP
Duration: Initially one year (Renewable)
Date of Issue: 04/120/2019
Closing Date: 13/12/2019
The Senior Registration Assistant is a member of the Registration team. The Senior Registration Assistant is responsible for supporting all activities related to registration, which may also include functions related to reception, filing and data management. The incumbent provides counselling to, and responds to queries from, asylum seekers and refugees regarding UNHCR's registration procedures and their rights and entitlements. S/he liaises closely with protection staff and partners to ensure timely identification and referral of persons of concern for protection follow up. The Senior Registration Assistant may assist in compiling and analysing information related to registration activities in the operation. The Senior Registration Assistant may provide interpretation and/or translation services in cases for which s/he has the required language competencies.
Accountability (key results that will be achieved)
- UNHCR's Registration Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) are implemented in accordance with relevant UNHCR standards and policies.
- Persons of concern have fair and transparent access to registration procedures.
Responsibility (process and functions undertaken to achieve results)
- Assist in the implementation of registration strategies and methodologies for populations of concern.
- Conduct registration interviews when required in accordance with registration standards and guidance.
- Provide counselling to, and responds to queries from, asylum seekers and refugees regarding UNHCR's registration procedures and their rights and entitlements.
- Maintain accurate and up-to date records and data related to all individual registration cases.
- Identify persons with specific needs and ensure timely referral to protection follow-up as required.
- Collaborate with protection staff and/or partners in the delivery of assistance and programming, including provision of identity and entitlement documentation.
- Draft correspondence and reports relating to registration activities in the operation, when required
- Provide statistics and draft reports related to registration data, as requested.
- Act as interpreter and translator when needed.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Authority (decisions made in executing responsibilities and to achieve results)
- Refer cases to other units within the office and to implementing partners as necessary.
- Draft and submit reports and statistics related to registration.
ESSENTIAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED COMPETENCIES
- Completion of the Secondary Education with post-secondary training/certificate in Social science, Statistics, Mathematics, Information Technology, or related fields.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant job experience.
- Good computer skills, particularly in data management.
- Excellent knowledge of English and local language.
- Analytical Thinking
- Technological Awareness
- Planning and Organizing
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
- Training in basic principles of international protection.
- Experience in working with UNHCR progress software.
- Knowledge of another relevant UN language.
Staff members who have been appointed through the AC process and have indefinite or Fixed Term appointment. Interested staff members should consult the new Policy and Procedures on Assignments of Locally recruited Staff (PPAL). If you have questions regarding eligibility, please contact the Snr. HR Associate at UNHCR SO Aden.
A competitive compensation and benefits package is offered. For information on UN salaries, allowances and benefits, please visit the portal of the International Civil Service Commission at http://icsc.un.org
Interested candidates must fill the Personal History (P.11) form, the Supplementary Bio Data table (Excel) and PHF Supplementary Sheet. The three mentioned forms should be submitted along with a motivation letter and CV by e-mail to the below e-mail address.
The email subject line should clearly indicate the Last Name, Title of the position and VA Ref. number stated on this announcement. Applications missing any of the above elements, and not duly completed, will unfortunately not be considered.
Snr. Human Resources Associate
Tel. contact: +967-2-231-441
The Personal History Form and its supplementary sheet is attached.
No late applications will be accepted. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates may be required to sit for a written test and/or oral interview
UNHCR is committed to diversity and welcomes applications from qualified candidates regardless of disability, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).