Ended Snr. Field Assistant
VACANCY NOTICE - YEMAD/HR/2019/38
Title of Position: Snr. Field Assistant
Category & Level: GL-5
Location: Sub-Office Aden, Yemen
Effective date: ASAP
Duration: Initially one year (Renewable)
Date of Issue: 04/120/2019
Closing Date: 13/12/2019
The Snr Field Assistant is normally supervised by the (Snr) Field Officer/Associate and performs a variety of functions related to Field activities within the office. The supervisor defines work processes and provides regular advice and guidance.
The incumbent keeps frequent internal contacts with staff members in the same duty station to exchange information and with the external contacts generally with officials of national and international institutions, leaders of the refugee community, local population and/or Implementing Partners (IPs) on routine subject matters under the direction of the supervisor.
Accountability (key results that will be achieved)
- UNHCR office has sufficient administrative and local support for the field activities thus better able to meet the needs of persons of concern.
- UNHCR’s policies, standards and procedures are constantly and coherently applied in the area of responsibility (AoR).
Responsibility (process and functions undertaken to achieve results)
- Assist in monitoring the implementation of UNHCR programme including the delivery of all assistance items and monitoring of infrastructure.
- Assist in administrative tasks as required such as preparation of reports and meeting authorized personnel and assisting them during field missions.
- Act as interpreter in the exchange of routine information, contribute to related liaison activities and respond directly to routine queries.
- Collect data and other information relevant to UNHCR and report to the supervisor accordingly.
- Keep regular contacts with local authorities and implementing partners as requested by supervisor.
- In coordination with implementing partners, assist in the reception, registration and provision of assistance to persons of concern to UNHCR.
- Follow up, on a regular basis, the overall situation of persons of concern in camps and other areas where they have been accommodated and report accordingly.
- Undertake other relevant duties as required.
Authority (decisions made in executing responsibilities and to achieve results)
- Liaise with local authority counterparts, partners and populations of concern.
- Direct incidents and problems to the supervisor when they cannot be resolved at their level.
ESSENTIAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED COMPETENCIES
- Completion of the Secondary Education with post-secondary training/certificate in Business Administration, Law, Political Science or related field.
- Minimum 5 years of previous job experience relevant to the function.
- Computer skills.
- Excellent knowledge of English and working knowledge of another relevant UN language or local language.
- Analytical Thinking
- Planning and Organizing
- Stakeholder Management
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
- Completion of UNHCR learning programmes or specific training relevant to functions of the position.
Staff members who have been appointed through the AC process and have indefinite or Fixed Term appointment. Interested staff members should consult the new Policy and Procedures on Assignments of Locally recruited Staff (PPAL). If you have questions regarding eligibility, please contact the Snr. HR Associate at UNHCR SO Aden.
A competitive compensation and benefits package is offered. For information on UN salaries, allowances and benefits, please visit the portal of the International Civil Service Commission at: http://icsc.un.org
Interested candidates must fill the Personal History (P.11) form, the Supplementary Bio Data table (Excel) and PHF Supplementary Sheet. The three mentioned forms should be submitted along with a motivation letter and CV by e-mail to the below e-mail address.
The email subject line should clearly indicate the Last Name, Title of the position and VA Ref. number stated on this announcement. Applications missing any of the above elements, and not duly completed, will unfortunately not be considered.
Snr. Human Resources Associate
Tel. contact: +967-2-231-441
The Personal History Form and its supplementary sheet is attached.
No late applications will be accepted. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates may be required to sit for a written test and/or oral interview
UNHCR is committed to diversity and welcomes applications from qualified candidates regardless of disability, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).