Ended Logistics Assistant - Supply
Solidarités International seeks to recruit a:
Logistics Assistant - Supply
Location of position: AL MOKHA, Yemen
I. Presentation of organization
Solidarités International (SI) is a French humanitarian organization, which has been committed to provide aid in the event of conflicts and natural disasters. SI’s mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: drinking water, food and shelter.
SI has opened a mission in Yemen since mid-September 2017. The mission is currently running several projects covering especially the WASH, FSL needs of the conflict affected population of Yemen. SI is intervening Lahj, Taiz and Hudeydah Governorates with three operational bases in Aden, Al Turbah and Al Mokha, in addition to the coordination office located in Aden.
SI opened a base in Al Mokha in 2018 and operates on the West Coast in WASH as well as FSL. A sub-base in Al Khawkhah is opening in July 2019 to strengthen the intervention in the area.
The position will be based in AL MOKHA.
II. Responsibilities and Tasks
The Logistic Assistant Supply carries out all the procurement and stock management for the programs and structure in his assigned base.
He is responsible for planning and anticipation of all the procurements in his assigned base
He is one of the guarantors for implementing and respecting Solidarités International purchase procedures.
He is responsible for filing and archiving logistics documents linked to purchases.
LIST OF SERVICES DELIVERY MAIN TASKS:
List of principal activities:
Knowledge and monitoring of the market:
- Take part in the analysis of the local purchasing environment
- To assess the market in the area of his assigned base
- To prepare a catalogue of items / price and update it regularly
- Update price lists and supplier files share regularly with his line manager
Procurement table and Planning of purchase
- Taking part and support Logistic manager in procurement design of projects concerning the base
- Taking part in the design of the purchasing plan of program
- To plan and anticipate the purchases for the logistics
Implementation of purchasing process:
- Receive and process requests for quotes and IOFs after verification and approval by his line manager
- manage procurements while respecting the rules and approval procedures established by donors and Solidarités International
- Ensure that products purchased correspond to the requirements of the purchase requests in terms of quantity and quality
- Ensure that the format of, and information on supply purchase documents comply with SI regulation
- Ensure compliance with administrative procedures for the management of advances and payment of suppliers
- Establish and archive purchasing files in accordance with the rules of Solidarités International and its donors
- Monitor and update IOFs electronically
- To ensure that all procurement Follow-Up (IOF and contract) are regularly updated and shared with the base
- Movement to others bases (capital) to proceed with some purchases when not available in the market of the base
Management of stock
- Supervise the maintenance and securing of warehouses
- Carry out regular stock checks and physical inventories
- Supervise the team of daily workers charged with storage activities
- Draft or complete dispatch and receipt documents in compliance with Solidarités International standards
- Monitor incoming and outgoing equipment
- Maintain updated inventory lists, and all other related stock documents.
- Manage the inventories of stored goods and equipment and reconciliation with what should be in stock
- Update stock Report on daily bases and sent to the line manager by weekly and monthly.
- Ensure the compilation of the supplier and price lists
- Ensure the follow-up of the reliability of suppliers
- Ensure the monitoring of IOF requests and inform requesters of the status of their orders by leading meetings and/or circulating the updated IOF FUs and Contract FU on regular weekly basis
- Weekly/monthly report of procurement follow ups to all managers
ORG CHART POSITION (reporting and functional interlocutor)
Line interlocutor: Logistic Manager
Line supervisor(s) on base: -
Functional interlocutor: Logistic Manager
Functional supervisor(s): -
III. Profile required
- University degree in management, trade, economics, or any related field.
- At least 2 year experience in a similar position, for private or INGO sector
- Prior NGO/INGO experience of 1 year minimum
- IT skills: Good knowledge of Office software : Excel, Word
- Languages: Arabic and English (written and spoken mandatory).
- Knowledge of the local humanitarian context
- Proactive, motivated, honest and rigorous
- Female Candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Please submit your application (CV, cover letter, photocopies of diplomas, certificates of employment etc.) to Solidarités International by email to: email@example.com Or submit hard copy of your application (CV and cover letter to Solidarites International office located in Al-Maghini neighborhood in Al Mokha.
NB: The title of the related position must be written in the email subject/ on the envelope of your CV.
NB: The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your comprehension
Final date for applications: 12th December 2019