Ended Communication Officer
JOB TITLE: Communication Officer
REPORTS TO: Programme Manager (Health and Psychosocial support),
TECHNICAL SUPPORT: YRCS HQ Health Coordinator, DRC Programme Delegate
DUTY STATION: YRCS Headquarters, Sana’a
BACKGROUND AND CONTEXT
The Danish Red Cross (DRC) is continuing its long-term support to the Yemen Red Crescent Societies (YRCS) through a comprehensive program entitled “Community Services in Health and Action for Resilience – C SHARE”. The program timeframe is 36 months and target vulnerable communities and local authorities in the Hodeiah, Ibb, Mahweet, Sana’a (Amanat Alasimah) and Aden governorates in Yemen.
Working as main focal point for visibility and communication on C - SHARE program, the C-SHARE Visibility and communication officer implement, monitor and advise on the progress of the Program visibility and communication plan. s/he will ensure communication to target audiences on the EU programme and advocacy on humanitarian issues in Yemen. Work closely with YRCS CHARE programme team, YRCS communication department and YRCS health department.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Implementation of project visibility and communications plan
- Work closely with YRCS HQ and branches, on content and designs for various visibility and communication activities; Press releases, Facebook messages, audio-visual materials and other visibility documentations (banners, stickers, adapted community training materials, signboards, plaques)
- Identify needs, content and design for presentations, case studies, project information sheets, as per the EU communication and visibility guidelines.
- Assist and Follow up on dissemination on programme information; on local electronic/ print media, Facebook, YRCS website and other programme events.
- Promote capacity building/ short trainings for programme team on communication and visibility activities including photography techniques, community video/ interview documentation. Ensure DO NO HARM principles on visibility and communication
Build linkages with Health and PSS programmes components
- Participate in planning, progress discussion meetings and determine needs for advice by the programme teams on visibility and communication.
- Provide technical advice on related health and PSS programme implementation visibility activities
- Close coordination and integration with the programmes team and the logistics manager to ensure adherence to EU guidelines and YRCS communication.
Website content, media releases, newsletters and any other communications material
- Work closely with YRCS communication department, to ensure relevant content and designs in English and Arabic are posted in accordance with EU guidelines.
- Develop and disseminate public relations materials that increase our visibility among stakeholders and partners.
- Ensure all approvals are obtained from YRCS and DRC before publicly disseminating any information to external audience.
- Prepare monthly/quarterly/annual report to Programme Manager Health, highlight clearly visibility activities undertaken.
- Ensure proper documentation of visibility actions in the programme; type and number of visibility action/ activities, population reach and any feedback on the content.
- Provide inputs, if need be, to Terms of Reference, when an external consultant may be engaged to support on visibility and communication activities.
- Work closely with possible external consultant as per TOR on visibility and communication activities.
Carry out other tasks signed by line manager.
VALUES AND COMPETENCIES
- Respect and act line with the YRCS staff regulations and Code of Conduct and the Fundamental Principles and Values of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement.
- Ensure and maintain the core competencies required to implement the tasks (a high degree of accountability, commitment to YRCS capacity building, a high level of technical capacity to ensure results and working effectively in teams and sharing knowledge and best practices through good communication skills).
- Ensure management competencies to manage performance in a way that enables the YRCS to achieve its objectives with enhanced planning and coordination capacities.
- A Yemeni national
- University degree in journalism, marketing, communications or relevant fields. Candidate with Diploma level qualification but with relevant experience may be considered.
- Professional experience in marketing/communications or similar field at least 3 years.
- Proven ability to write clear, concise and compelling prose — articles, press releases, op-eds, ad copy, blog posts and email alerts etc.
- First-hand experience using social media
- Solid copy-editing skills, strong attention to detail
- Applicable knowledge of relevant computer software (Microsoft Office Suite);
- Highly organized and works well independently;
- Tact and discretion;
- Adaptable and flexible to evolving work requirements;
- International and/or Humanitarian experience an asset;
Interested candidates should send their Cover Letter & CVs in English to both email
“Please mention the Position and Duty Station on your email Subject”