Ended Finance and Awards Manager
Finance and Awards Manager- Country Office
The purpose of this post is support the Project Director, USAID Yemen Gateway (Gateway)project and project team in the award management, financial Management, planning, reporting, monitoring, coordination and overall managing of the project. The position plays a lead role in award information management and shares and coordinates information across departments.
With support and supervision from Project Director, this role will work collaboratively with member (SCUS), Field Offices and all project team, especially Awards and Finance departments of the Yemen Country Office programme to ensure smooth management of the Gateway Project. Ensure timely coordination, receiving updates/reports from field offices, reviewing project IPTTs, BVAs, organise Awards/BVA meetings for the project, keep updated record of project work-plans, phased budgets, MEAL plans, updates and reports, trackers, and contribute to both financial and narrative reports. The role will also ensure SCI and donor financial and administrative requirements and compliances. This position will also be responsible to build the capacity of project staff in reporting, funds management, and ensuring donor and SCI compliances.
This role will work closely with Program Implementation/ Operations, PDQ, Awards and Finance on and budgets and financial and narrative reporting, monitoring and analysis.
Administrative Reporting: Project Director, USAID Yemen Gateway
Staff reporting to this post: None
Role Dimensions: Works closely, with Awards Management Team, Finance, Field Managers, PMs and all Support Teams in CO and relevant field offices. Manages USAID Yemen Gateway, requires strong leadership and decision making on the high risk project. Involves extensive internal and external communications and coordination
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Developing self and others; Working effectively with others
- Build relationships with other teams to support the resolution of issues and coordination of deliverables i.e. reports
- Support the delivery of capacity building to Finance, Awards and program teams in the CO and to field offices’ teams on budget management, financial coding and expense reviews
- Build relationships with the member, region and center and support in the escalation of issues if required.
- Ensure project/CO action items from calls with the Member are completed in a timely manner.
- Liaise closely with Field Managers, PMs and the budget holders to support the analysis of monthly variance and the coordination of budget realignments requests to member and donors.
- Oversee the amendments or modification to donor agreement and budget.
- Manage data entry of the project implementation plan, tracking activities etc.
- Closely work with program and finance teams to ensure timely and quality narrative and financial reporting.
- Coordinate with Member Office TA to ensure the technical expertise not Communicating with impact, negotiation and coordination
- Engage with and coordinate across multiple stakeholder groups to support the development of high quality reports and budget/expense analysis
- Coordinate and review donor reports and deliverables prior to submission to the member including adequate planning to ensure deadlines are met
- Communicate and coordinate with Member contacts to understand and record any changes related to donor compliance requirements and reporting dates
- Facilitate award review meetings, including a focus on donor requirements
- Compliance (systems, processes, donor)
- Understanding of SCI processes and other key donor compliance requirements and adherence to them.
- Conduct project Kick-off, compliance refresher sessions in the field for all relevant staff. Provide Donor Compliance guidance to Finance, Supply chain, Program Managers and Budget Holder as and when required
- Understanding of the Financial Management system (Agresso) and reporting functions, and ensure data entry is upto date, accurate and per costing structure of project.
- Accountable for driving AMS data completeness and quality for relevant awards. Ensure all required project documentations are inputted into AMS. Ensure that all adequate attachments appear on AMS and are retained as part of the award audit trail.
- Define and Lead award file compliance spot check process, to assist the Awards Unit in maintaining quality and ‘self-auditing’ to define gaps and a ‘quality score’
- During Audit, work with other departments (i.e. Awards, Finance and Operations) to ensure all documentation required is ready and available for audits (e.g. vouchers, distribution lists).
- Working with Finance team ensure project monthly forecast in Agresso is regularly updated.
- Ensure key compliance activities are carried out: monthly CAM review for non-billable expenses, regular inventory inspection and reconciliation against procurement records, environmental compliance.
- Work with member to make deliverables 508 compliant and redact sensitive information and upload approved donor deliverables to the Development Experience Clearning House (DEC) and Data Development Library (DDL).
- Monitoring and analysis
- Work with Field Office Operations team and budget holders to review and analyze budgets
- Work closely with Project Director and Field Offices Finance team to ensure proper DEAs has been created in order to track project’s expenditures per each location.
- Develop monthly cash flow in coordination with CO and FOs finance team.
- Perform monthly review for operations costs for project for both CO and FOs to ensure proper allocation, provide regular feedback to Project Director and CO Finance Director on any potential under or over spending.
- Ensure all project’s liabilities are being tracked and reconciled on regular basis, this should include reviewing procurement trackers, update BvAs with all commitments and review accrual reconciliation related to this awards.
- Work closely with project partner to ensure proper financial management for donor’s budget and provide support as necessary.
- Conduct Filed visits to Field Offices to provide on job training and preform regular reviews for projects expenditures supporting documents.
- Prepare and submit 12-month monthly pipeline to member
- Knowledge of donor budgeting formats to support budget holder understanding
- Working with Program Director ensure reconciliation of field offices plans, forecasts and expenditure.
- Provide technical support to the field offices on Monitoring issues and budget amendment.
- Support Project Director to perform portfolio level monitoring and analysis and follow up issues identified and resolve them
Behaviors (Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- University level professional qualification/degree in International Development, Business Administration or Finance/Accounting or similar
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Highly developed interpersonal and English communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching
- Experience managing grants, contracts & sub agreements with knowledge of USAID guidelines
- Relevant experience managing donor funded projects with International NGO’s particularly those addressing human/children’s rights and those applying partnership approaches
- Strong analytical skills and strategic planning abilities. Computer literacy and excellent documentation skills are a must.
- Previous experience working on accounting software and SharePoint sites
- Ability to proactively identify issues and problem solving skills to address these
- Ability to establish and maintain conducive collegial relations and perform effectively as a member of a team
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Excellent time management and planning capacity
- Availability and willingness to work extra hours during times of humanitarian responses