Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF), is an International Humanitarian Organization providing medical aid to populations in distress, victims of natural and man made disasters and victims of armed conflict, regardless of race, religion and political believes. For more information, visit our Arabic website, www.msf-me.org
Médecins Sans Frontières France is looking for the following:
Location: Based in Khameer, Amran Governorate
Contract duration: 6 months renewable.
Contract type: MSF Contract
Reports to: MSF Medical Activity Manager.
- Coordinates the implementation of MSF clinical policies, tools, guidelines and protocols ( including antibiotic prophylaxis, post-operative pain management, thrombo-prophylaxis, caesarean section, blood transfusion, etc) and recommendations (standard hygiene and sterilization rules,
- Undertake pre-operative consultations, evaluating the surgical risks with the anaesthetist and/or other medical staff involved, and obtaining the patient’s signed consent to operate.
- Carry out emergency and programmed surgical intervention following MSF protocols and policies, ensuring appropriate use of surgical equipment and proper documentation of all OT intervention.
- Carry out post-operative clinical care and ward rounds collaborating with the anaesthetist, the Operating Theatre Nurse and ward staff or other Unit Managers to ensure compliance with MSF protocols and rational use of medicines.
- Attend OPD, emergency room when required.
- In collaboration with the anaesthetist, carry-out the collection and analysis of quantitative surgical- anaesthesia data, using post-operative observation sheets, routine data collected, patient files, operating department register, patient file, etc to monitor quality. Monthly data review and analysis of clinical trends and comment on adverse events / poor clinical outcome.
- Support organizing the operating program and with OT staff monitor use of material and equipment and advise on instrument needs
- Coordinates patient referral with MAM as required.
- Supports other medical teams/wards when needed (i.e. midwifes and obstetric teams in the maternity ward, etc.) including those in other projects if and when necessary
Education: Essential, diploma in surgical specialty recognized by the State.
Experience: Surgical experience as stated in surgical CV/skill form (number of independently performed surgical interventions) corresponds with the surgeries that are performed in the mission and qualification is duly certified and verified. Desirable experience with MSF or other NGO’s in developing countries.
Languages: Essential, mission language; local working language
Applications must be in English language. Candidates should submit a Cover Letter, copy of the ID , CV, copies of diplomas, copies of relevant training and work certificates (originals will be asked during interview), and any recommendations from previous employers to the following :
Médecins sans Frontières France Office - Khamer
Please precise in the title of your email “Surgeon Application”
Deadline for application: 25 January 2020
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. No face-to-face contact or phone contact will be considered. Any documents sent to MSF-F (CV, cover letter, copies of diploma, recommendations letters) will not be returned by MSF-F.