Job Title: WASH Officer
No of positions: 1 Position
Deadline: January 30th, 2020
Contract Type: Service Contract
Duration: 1 year
Duty Station: Hajjah Gov
Probationary Period: Three months
Reporting to: Project Manager
Taybah Foundation for Development ( TFD ):
Taybah Foundation for Development is a Yemeni development institution working in the areas of health and education. It was established in 1996 under the licence of the Ministry of Social Affairs and Labor No. 25. Taybah seeks to provide quality health and education services in partnership and cooperation with all concerned and interested parties in accordance with the development plans of local authorities.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Design curricula and oversee implementation of hygiene promotion trainings.
- Technical WASH assessments and participation in the selection of target water sources to be rehabilitated, through technical feasibility studies, household level questionnaires, focus group discussions, facilities and site visits, and interviews with key community members
- Ensure quality and integrity of implementation, including adherence to technical guidelines, administrative systems, and established deadlines.
- In collaboration with relevant program implementation staff, prepare, oversee, and update the work plan for WASH related activities.
- Assist in program development and proposal preparation as requested by WASH coordinator and Programs manager
- Support the development of weekly and monthly project work plans for the team, and follow up to ensure targets are met.
- Develop and submit accurate, quality order forms and Bill of Quantities for works, in line with project budget requirements, in a timely manner
- Ensure that all planned activities are implemented on time, to quality measures and within budget as per the monthly plan.
- Implement and monitor monthly activity plans to achieve expected results. This includes planning of activities, budgets and procurement.
- Lead the preparation of all procurement and administrative documents required for project implementation.
- Verify that project activities and works are carried out according to quality standards established by TFD through quality checklists
- Ensure that rehabilitation of water sources is integrated with hygiene promotion and community participation to ensure sustainability of the activities.
- Facilitate the work by conducting excellent coordination with local authorities and related stakeholders to ensure smooth implementation of activities and secure movement of team supervising ongoing activities.
- Provide technical and professional support to WASH field team and other TFD departments on water, sanitation and hygiene matters.
- Ensure gender equity and social inclusion in all aspects of WASH interventions
- Develop projects plan and tools
- Perform any other related tasks as required.
- Ensure That monthly reports are collected and compiled appropriately
- Compile statistical data and draft appropriate reports on activities.
- Analyze situation and prevailing trends and provide constructive written feedback for field staff
- Provide monthly written reports on activities to the Project Manager and related program coordinators
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor degree in Engineering, technical equivalent or Environmental health
- At least 2-4 years of technical WASH experience particularly in designing and implementing infrastructure works, preferably with INGOs.
- Familiarity with International humanitarian operations, coordination structures, and the mandates of donors and other NGOs.
- Cross-cultural awareness and insight into WASH issues.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions with limited supervision.
- Extremely flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations and frustrations.
- Ability to relate to and motivate local staff effectively.
- Creative and able to work with limited resources.
- Team player and strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Proficient in computer applications, especially with MS Word and MS Excel, MS PowerPoint a plus.
- Strong English language speaking and writing abilities.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond appropriately to questions from senior managers in the field and head office, counterparts and government.
- Ability to interpret data, have a strong emphasis on program monitoring, and conduct results-based programming.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft programs (MS Office).
- The ability to communicate and establish good relations with others.
Interested candidates should send their Resumes in English & Arabic to email@example.com not later than January 30th, 2020, putting the job title as the email subject to be considered. Resumes will be considered on a rolling-basis and candidates are encouraged to apply early.
For more information about TFD please visit our website at http://www.taybahye.org/