Internal Medicine Specialist
Job Title: Internal medicine specialist
No of positions: 6 Positions
Deadline: January 30th, 2020
Contract Type: Service Contract
Duration: 1 year
Duty Station: Hajjah Gov / Al Hudaydah Gov.
Probationary Period: Three months
Reporting to: Project Manager
Taybah Foundation for Development ( TFD ):
Taybah Foundation for Development is a Yemeni development institution working in the areas of health and education. It was established in 1996 under the licence of the Ministry of Social Affairs and Labor No. 25. Taybah seeks to provide quality health and education services in partnership and cooperation with all concerned and interested parties in accordance with the development plans of local authorities.
Duties and responsibilities:
internal medicine physicians, use nonsurgical approaches to treat medical conditions that affect adults. They Examines adult patients to ensure proper injury care and disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and recovery. Requests necessary tests, and follow-up visits, and refers patients to specialists, as necessary
The internal medicine specialist will be responsible but not limited to :
- Consulting with patients to understand their symptoms and health concerns.
- Diagnosing and treating acute illness, such as bacterial and viral
- infections, as well as chronic diseases and conditions, such as hypertension, heart disease, or diabetes.
- Prescribing or administering medication, therapy, and other specialized medical care to treat or prevent illness, disease, or injury.
- Explaining procedures and discussing test results or prescribed treatments with patients.
- Monitoring patients' conditions and progress, and re-evaluating treatments, as necessary.
- Providing health and wellness advice to patients, including diet, physical activity, hygiene, and disease prevention.
- Keep accurate records of individual cases including name, age, diagnosis, recommendations and follow-up action required
- Submit individual case records to the Projects Manager on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Working with other doctors as part of a team, either in the same department or within other specifies.
- Referring patients to other medical specialists, when necessary.
- Providing support and advice to patients receiving long-term care.
- Preparing official health documents or records, when necessary.
- Conducting research into the testing and development of new medications, methods of treatment, or procedures to prevent or control illness, disease, or injury.
- Carrying out any other tasks assigned within competence
- Bachelor of General Medicine and Surgery.
- A minimum of three years' experience in the same field
- internship and clinical residency training
- specializing in internal medicine.
- Successful completion of the Internal Medicine Certification Examination.
- Outstanding research and analytical skills.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft programs (MS Office).
- Excellent communicator who can empathize with patients.
- Flexible working hours.
Interested candidates should send their Resumes in English & Arabic to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than January 30th, 2020, putting the job title as the email subject to be considered. Resumes will be considered on a rolling-basis and candidates are encouraged to apply early.
For more information about TFD please visit our website at http://www.taybahye.org/