Job Title: Midwife
No of positions: 3 Positions
Deadline: January 30th, 2020
Contract Type: Service Contract
Duration: 1 year
Duty Station: Hajjah Gov / Al Hudaydah Gov.
Probationary Period: Three months
Reporting to: Project Manager
Taybah Foundation for Development ( TFD ):
Taybah Foundation for Development is a Yemeni development institution working in the areas of health and education. It was established in 1996 under the licence of the Ministry of Social Affairs and Labor No. 25. Taybah seeks to provide quality health and education services in partnership and cooperation with all concerned and interested parties in accordance with the development plans of local authorities.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Provide obstetrical care to pregnant women.
- Provide consultation on family planning methods and appropriate methods of use
- Examining admitted patients in the Obs & Gyn ward according to the guidelines.
- Monitor and evaluate delivery cases in the department and inform the doctor in duty.
- Follow up with admitted patients and taking vital signs like blood pressure, temperature, heart rate and respiratory rate periodically and register them in patient’s file.
- Give medication and injections as prescribed by the attending physician.
- Prevention of mother-to-child transmission of infections.
- Helping doctors during the daily round in the ward.
- Helping the doctor in the delivery room during the delivery process.
- Examining births and taking the necessary procedures while they are in the nursery room until discharge.
- Rise the awareness of mothers and relatives about the importance of breastfeeding, vaccination and possible complications arising from harmful traditional practices.
- Help the mother and guide her on how to care for her baby.
- Take the necessary laboratory samples and send them to the laboratory.
- Performing any other introductory work such as changing dressings, wound disinfection, giving oxygen, and installing I.V line.
- Perform any other tasks assigned to her within her competencies.
Qualifications and skills:
- Essential: Bachelor / diploma in Midwifery
- Valid practice licence.
- A minimum of three years experience in the same field
- Knowledge of English and medical terminology
- Proficiency in working on Microsoft programs (MS Office).
- Good knowledge of the medical devices used in the obstetric departments
- The ability to communicate and establish good relations with others.
Interested candidates should send their Resumes in English & Arabic to email@example.com not later than January 30th, 2020, putting the job title as the email subject to be considered. Resumes will be considered on a rolling-basis and candidates are encouraged to apply early.
For more information about TFD please visit our website at http://www.taybahye.org/