Ended Senior Economic Recovery and Development Officer
Job Title: Senior Economic Recovery and Development (ERD) Officer
Location: Hodeidah, Yemen
Duration: 1 year , with possible extension
Salary Range / Band: 8A - Functional Support
Background: The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
ORGANIZATIONAL DESCRIPTION: The IRC Yemen Country program was established in 2012 and currently is implementing integrated Health, Nutrition, Environmental Health (WASH), Economic Recovery and Development, Women’s Protection and Empowerment and Education programming in eight governorates. The IRC Yemen Country Program operates from its Country Office in Sana’a and its main Field Office in Aden. Other subfield offices include Abyan, Hodeida and Al Dhale’e, with the Al Dhale’e office covering Lahj, and Shabwah.
SCOPE OF WORK: Under the supervision of Economic Recovery & Development (ERD) Manager this position is based in Hodeidah with frequent travel to program sites for program implementation and monitoring as well as to support program support under his/her supervision. The Senior ERD officer is primarily responsible for day to day implementation of cash & livelihoods activities and supervising field teams. This position is also responsible for day to day reporting of program activities, filed level lesson learnt, internal & external coordination and staff capacity building.
- Prepare and maintain weekly, monthly & quarterly plans that support and achieve the overall grant timeline and completion date.
- Supervise and monitor staff in their implementation of the work plan and quality of technical activities, share relevant information and direction to improve quality and achieve timelines as well as to lead community engagement activities.
- Manage and oversee all ERD activities including cash & livelihoods activities in Hodeidah governorate with close coordination of ERD Manager, and regularly getting technical support.
- Timely completion of project activities and achieve set targets with quality implementation at field level.
- Actively participate and contribute to ERD Grant Opening, Mid-Term and Closing meetings. Prepare internal and external reports within agreed deadlines using IRC and donor formats. Responsible for daily, weekly, monthly & quarterly reporting.
- Undertake regular field monitoring visits to assess progress and identify technical quality issues and/or other implementation issues, provide solutions and implement modifications as required.
- Coordinating with the M&E team to ensure all monitoring activities, including beneficiary questionnaires, regular market monitoring, Distribution of cash and monitoring of livelihoods activities.
- Supervise and monitor staff in their implementation of the work plan and quality of technical activities, share relevant information and direction to improve quality and achieve timelines.
- Directly supervises ERD officers/ERD Assistant & Agriculture officer based in Hodeidah office and ensure work as per the IRC way.
- Maintain open and professional relations with team members, promoting a strong team spirit and providing oversight and guidance to enable staff to successfully perform in their positions,
- Ensure timely completion and submission of monthly timesheets, probations reviews and annual performance reviews and staff recruitment.
- Plan/coordinate and oversee staff work plans, work and vacation schedules, and staff training/development activities.
- Identify capacity building needs of direct reporters and develop capacity building plans to maximize performance and professional development.
- Work closely and coordinate with IRC other programs and support functions to ensure timely and completion of program activities and expenditures.
- Represent the IRC in sectoral and technical coordination bodies/Clusters, and take the lead on inter-agency cooperation and information sharing with national NGOs, & international organizations.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop IRC ERD programs.
- Maintain open and professional relations with team members, promoting a strong team spirit and providing oversight and guidance to enable staff to successfully perform in their positions.
- All IRC staff are required to adhere to THE IRC Way Standards for Professional Conduct and the IRC country employment policies.
- Bachelor (of Economics, Agriculture, Social Science, Business Administration, or related field,
- Overall 3 years of experience in implementing cash transfer and livelihoods programming. Additional experience in implementation of cash, agricultural & livestock activities in Hodeidah governorate.
- Good analytical and technical writing skills, communication, flexibility and adaptability skills. Expertise in Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Technical knowledge on needs technical assessments, project formulation and overall supervision; Capacity to monitor project and situation analyses.
- Experience facilitating technical trainings and workshops related to emergency response, food security or livelihoods,
- Proven abilities in managing teams, monitoring staff performance, and providing technical support and coaching to field teams,
- Strong ability to organize work, meet deadlines, maintain composure, prioritize work under pressure, coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail,
- Fluency in English and Arabic is essential.
- Ability to work after office hours to achieve assigned tasks as per need & priority
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Qualified and Interested individuals are required to apply for this position via the IRC Career at the following link:
Deadline for Applying: January 14, 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.