Ended Economic Recovery and Development Assistant
Job Title: Economic Recovery and Development (ERD) Assistant
Location: Hodeidah, Yemen
Duration: 1 year , with possible extension
Salary Range / Band: 9A - Admin Support
Background: The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
Organizational Description: The IRC Yemen Country program was established in 2012 and currently is implementing integrated Health, Nutrition, Environmental Health (WASH), Economic Recovery and Development, Women’s Protection and Empowerment and Education programming in eight governorates. The IRC Yemen Country Program operates from its Country Office in Sana’a and its main Field Office in Aden. Other subfield offices include Abyan, Hodeida and Al Dhale’e, with the Al Dhale’e office covering Lahj, and Shabwah.
Scope of work: ERD Assistant is field level position and responsible for implementation of cash & vouchers programming delivered through market based approach. ERD Assistant will spend most of her time in the field to organize meetings with local communities, identifying target communities, establishing relationships with community leaders, taking part in ERD assessments and studies.
- Assist Senior ERD officer to develop work plan for the program and field activities.
- Work closely with communities at the field level to identify beneficiaries for cash/Voucher program.
- Targeting of households based on selection criteria and responsible for food voucher/cash distribution and to organize community engagement events at field level.
- With community volunteers and financial Service provider, set up safe location for beneficiaries ID cards and cash distribution.
- To organize the sensitization session or the relief committees (RCs) and village elders for project briefing, objectives and selection criteria.
- Attend to beneficiaries concerns and complaints and report to supervisor to take necessary measures to address concerns.
- Arrange all materials necessary for field activities.
- Contribute to the data collection of the Baseline, PDM and End line surveys
- Report back as often as needed to the supervisor on the progress of the work and any abuses of the system noted by field teams.
- Assist agriculture officer in distribution of seeds & tools as well as arrangements of trainings & refresher sessions for kitchen gardening households.
Required qualification and experience:
- Overall 2 years with one year relevant experience in the field work and relevant field.
- Diploma/Degree in social work or related field.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Good written and spoken English and Arabic skills.
- Previous experience in Food/cash voucher programming
- Excellent computer skills / excel sheets.
- A team player and ability to work under pressure, multi-tasking and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work after office hours to achieve assigned tasks as per need & priority
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Qualified and Interested individuals are required to apply for this position via the IRC Career at the following link:
Deadline for Applying: January 14, 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.