Ended Senior Data Management Officer - ERD
Job Title: Senior Data Management Officer - ERD
Location: Aden, Yemen
Duration: 1 year , with possible extension
Salary Range / Band: 8A - Functional Support
Background: The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
ORGANIZATIONAL DESCRIPTION: The IRC Yemen Country program was established in 2012 and currently is implementing integrated Health, Nutrition, Environmental Health (WASH), Economic Recovery and Development, Women’s Protection and Empowerment and Education programming in eight governorates. The IRC Yemen Country Program operates from its Country Office in Sana’a and its main Field Office in Aden. Other subfield offices include Abyan, Hodeida and Al Dhale’e, with the Al Dhale’e office covering Lahj, and Shabwah.
SCOPE OF WORK: Under the supervision of Economic Recovery & Development (ERD) Coordinator this position is based in Aden and responsible to support programs in north & south Yemen and responsible for data and information management using different software applications. Senior data management officer will also work closely with the Monitoring and Evaluation team, providing support in program indicator tracking and data quality improvement.
- Ensure the quality of all ERD data collection coming from the field, including reviewing databases and reports, checking original data sources, and continuously building the capacity of the ERD team.
- Oversee ERD team who are responsible for the data collection at the field level within IRC strategies, support comprehensive and basic help in case of need.
- Respond to specific information requests from other sectors and the technical teams for reporting purpose.
- Verify data quality (completeness, timeliness), identify gaps in information management, recommend corrective actions and prepare relevant documents to include in project proposals and donor reporting.
- Provide timely feedback to team through their supervisors related to data quality issues such accuracy and completeness so it will be corrected on time as necessary.
- Complete and shares reports to ERD management and other applicable staff on time as per agreed deadlines. Reports include weekly, monthly and quarterly reports.
- Responsible to update Indicator Tracking Sheets for all ERD grants with close coordination of M & E manager, sharing of information/data for donor reports and data for annual ERD statistics for each financial year.
- Using of CommCare applications to monitor VSLA and kitchen gardening and other cash & livelihoods activities on monthly basis. Provide orientation and training to ERD staff on data entry, expectations, data quality and new data collection tools as needed.
- Create and update data tools and systems as necessary and given program development using CommCare program.
- Create and maintain a master database for all grants with gender segregation and as per the requirements for donor reporting, graphically tracking with dashboards all the information necessary on time.
- Conduct regular Field visits to ERD program sites throughout the country to check data quality, verify data sources, and provide on the job training and on the spot feedback and provide feedback to ERD Coordinator about challenges and issues.
- Responsible for data analysis and data protection following the IRC data protection protocols.
- Responsible to maintain all type of documentation for audit and other official purpose with proper tracking system.
- All IRC staff are required to adhere to THE IRC Way Standards for Professional Conduct and the IRC country employment policies.
- University graduate, in computer science or other relevant field.
- Overall 3 years and 1 year sector specific work experience in in the field of computer sciences & data management.
- Previous experience with humanitarian organizations or the UN is an advantage.
- Excellent English language skills (speaking, writing, reading, listening).
- High commitment to deadlines and detail oriented.
- Willing and able to conduct field visits to IRC ERD program sites throughout the country.
- Strong understanding about data protection policies.
- Very good computer skills, familiar with different software applications, MS Word, power point, especially Excel.
- Ability to work after office hours to achieve assigned tasks as per need & priority
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Qualified and Interested individuals are required to apply for this position via the IRC Career at the following link:
Deadline for Applying: January 14, 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.