Ended Safety and Liaison Officer
Duties and responsibilities
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines .
- Assist with the implementation of the Safety and Liaison function portfolio according to plan of action.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
- Ensure proper filing of documents.
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the Safety and Liaison function on the area of Operation (Amran).
- Collaborate with Safety Department, conduct physical assessments, surveys of offices, fields, Safety protocols, vehicle and staff residences to ensure compliance to
- Minimum Operating Safety Standard (MOSS) and Minimum Operating Residential Security Standards (MORSS).
- Take an active role in the development and implementation of evacuation/emergency plans in with the Security manager.
- Monitor the situation and reports significant events/incidents of NRC related issues in a timely manner to the appropriate management/staff using prescribed reporting forms and modalities. Ensure the reports are disseminated in a timely manner to the appropriate NRC staff and offices. Liaise with other local stakeholders and authorities at appropriate level.
- Support in investigations and report security breaches/incidents within the organization mandates to the Area Manager and Safety & Security Manager, while ensuring strict confidentiality.
- Monitor the contracted security guards and ensure that posts are manned at all times. Ensure that all staff at the area level complete training (Basic and Advance Security in the field online training).
- Build relationships and negotiation between the organization, the community and authorities and attend meetings.
- Participate in general food/ non-food items distribution in the fields and monitoring field activities.
- Maintain a complete, up-to-date and orderly archive for all sub-agreement, reports and official communication with authorities, - electronically, in accordance with NRC Yemen’s filing tree; and in hard copy, in accordance with principles of effective document management.
- Support and accompany senior NRC staff to meetings with government entities whenever demanded including interpretation/translation process.
- Regularly meet local authorities’ focal points, to support effective inter-organizational communications
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Experience from working as a Support Function Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Some knowledge of English
- Minimum Diploma or equivalent in Safety, Social sciences, certified graduation from academy or equivalent.
- Good social knowledge of the operational area.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English.
- Must have strong interpersonal and organizational skills and a team player.
- Ability to work with less supervision in a hardship area.
- Must have computer skills in MS –Word and spreadsheet packages.
- Past Experience, with the INGOs sector, in safety tasks is preferred.
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Takes responsibilities with the ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Promote continuous learning, communicates clearly.
- Takes initiates and drives high levels of performance management.
- Plans work, anticipate risks and sets goals within area of responsibilities.
- Creates a respectful office environment free of harassment and retaliation.
- Constant availability and readiness to respond to challenges and emergencies related to staff in the mission.
- Anticipate and inform the management on matters affecting staff Safety.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
We can offer
10 Months (Possibility to renew depending on donor's fund availability).