Ended CCCM Shelter Coordinator
Job Title: CCCM Shelter Coordinator
Report to: Project Manager
Contract Type: Service Contract
Contract Duration: 9 Months
Application Deadline: Jan 15 , 2020
ABOUT TYF :
Tamdeen Youth Foundation (TYF), is a local humanitarian Organization which is private, nonpolitical, non-denomination and non-profit making. Action to help people and vocation is to save lives by combating hunger, disease and those crises threatening the lives of vulnerable men, women and children. TYF currently operates in a number of governorates in Yemen where it has implemented projects in nutrition, food security, health, WASH and protection, and empowerment ,
Job Purpose :
TYF’s CCCM Shelter coordinator will play an integral part of the camp management team of ensuring that all inhabitants of the camp are living a safe, secured and dignified life. This will require constant interaction with the camp community, coordination, monitoring and understanding the protection risks and challenges faced in the camp . The CCCM Shelter coordinator will also have an administrative responsibility of ensuring that CCCM/Shelter staff and incentivized labour for their site are actively following their TORs and abiding by TYF’s Code of Conduct .
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- TYF’s CCCM Shelter coordinator will play an integral part of the camp management team of ensuring that all inhabitants of the camp are living a safe, secured and dignified life. This will require constant interaction with the camp community, coordination, monitoring and understanding the protection risks and challenges faced in the camp.
- The CCCM Shelter coordinator will also have an administrative responsibility of ensuring that CCCM/Shelter staff and incentivized labour for their site are actively following their TORs and abiding by TYF’s Code of Conduct .
- To ensure that assessments, identification and verification of beneficiaries are implemented as per agreed methodologies and that vulnerability criteria are taken into consideration .
- To work closely with Shelter/CCCM teams for the implementation of shelter/CCCM activities and provide them with technical instructions on works and Distribuation .
- Support Project Manager and Area Manager in implementing Shelter/CCCM projects’ strategy, meeting the objectives and ensure quality implementation of the field activities in compliance with TYF and YHF regulations; continuously support effective monitoring, evaluation and learning processes .
- In coordination with the manager, facilitate filed visits and design new activities .
- Responsible for TYF’s CCCM / Shelter team working on site including but not limited to creating daily work plans, assure that activities are ongoing without delays, submitting daily reports back to CCCM PM, up-to-date records of activities are updated and stored accordingly, interaction with stakeholders and partners at the site level.
- Liaise with local authorities, camp committees, partners and other stakeholders in ensuring that activities and camp management exercise is aligned with needs in the camp
- Design assessments and surveys used to capture pertinent needs of camp residents .
- Report directly back to CCCM /Shelter PM on changes to the camp environment including but not limited to security, standards, needs/gaps, influxes, departures, etc .
- Participation in TYF’s security protocol for camp sites including submitting security clearance forms, getting up-to-date security news from key informants in the local community and conveying to TYF’s CCCM /Shelter PM of any security risks or constraints obtained from the site.
- Monitor status of population and highlighting trends with camp management team .
- Build and maintain mutually respectful relationships with Camp Management, service providers, local authorities, IDP community members and host community members, in order to ensure smooth communication, activity implementation, and community outreach.
- Completion of university degree in civil engineering, humanities, social studies, architecture, urban planning or engineering
- Minimum two years of experience in international and/or local NGO; ideally involved in the direct implementation of field level .
- Experience working in a camp setting . Experience in CCCM, including Introduction to CCCM Training.
- Previous work with camp management agency
- Experience in community services, women empowerment, youth activities, protection, distribution or registration.
- Experience in working with national partners, local/government authorities, and UN organizations.
Interested candidates should send their CVs to below email :
CCCM Coordinator not later than 15th Jan 2020 putting the job title as the email subject to be considered.
Only selected candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the process of recruitment.