Ended Health Coordinator
Job Title: Health Coordinator
Report to: Project Manager
Contract Type: Service Contract
Contract Duration: 12 Months
Application Deadline: Jan 15 , 2020
ABOUT TYF :
Tamdeen Youth Foundation (TYF), is a local humanitarian Organization which is private, nonpolitical, non-denomination and non-profit making. Action to help people and vocation is to save lives by combating hunger, disease and those crises threatening the lives of vulnerable men, women and children. TYF currently operates in a number of governorates in Yemen where it has implemented projects in nutrition, food security, health, WASH and protection, and empowerment ,
Job Purpose :
The Health Coordinator has responsibility for the management of the health program, including the provision of technical support, training and capacity building, representation of the program in external meeting, coordination, and supervision of whole project, report writing and reinforcing the capacity of the technical staff through day-to-day supervision, mentoring and coaching as well as training.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure the effective management and development of the health programmers, assessment, monitoring, review and evaluation of the situation.
- Led on the day to day implementation of Health programs at Sana’a Sub field office.
- Ensure timely and quality implementation of activities in compliance with the defined project as well as TYF and donor guidelines.
- Design, deliver and evaluate training and health processes aimed at improving health status of the Yemeni communities.
- Prepare, manage and regularly update the project activities work plan, ensure proper communication, coordination and harmonization of tools with the different stakeholders involved in health activities.
- Representation of TYF at health working group/ sub cluster and government meetings at sub filed locations.
- Provide technical support to staff, partners on the planning, implementation and management of the Health programmes.
- Prepare timely programme and donor reports on project activities.
- Conduct weekly meeting with Health Project Staff to monitor progress in implementation, exchange information, discuss challenges and plan forward.
- Ensure that appropriate staffing levels are in place and provide regular support, supervision and implementation of other staff management processes including staff performance management.
- Ensure that staff responsibilities are clearly defined, understood and objectives are set against work plans and regularly monitored.
- Identify learning and training opportunities for health staff and work to increase their competencies, capacities and own personnel development.
- Identification of potential projects in coordination with other stakeholders, in line with Yemen Humanitarian Needs Overview (HNO) and development of high quality concept notes and proposals in line with Yemen Humanitarian Response Plan (YHRP) .
- Ensure that staffs perform well and they are monitored in daily basis to fulfill required indicators of the program.
- Coordinate with logistics, administration, and finance units to procure all equipment, supplies and materials required to implement the project activities, ensuring cost efficiency and accountability in compliance with TYF and donor regulations and procedures.
- Undertaking field visits to provide guidance and supervision as well as to regularly monitoring the progress of activities.
- Provide support and work closely with MEAL team in carrying out assessments and evaluations.
- Perform any other tasks as required by line manager or technical manager.
- BSc in medicine or equivalent qualified public health professional with experience in developing public and primary health care.
- At least 2 years’ experience in implementing health and nutrition programs.
- Fluent in writing and speaking English.
- Proven ability to manage a programme including management of human and material resources.
- Experience in staff training and capacity building of national structures.
- Ability to communicate and maintain tactful relations with relevant local authorities.
- Ability to supervise and mentor staff to achieve results.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and negotiate clearly and effectively at all levels, taking into account cultural and language difficulties.
- Flexible, adaptable, able to improvise and work in stressful, volatile environment ,
Interested candidates should send their CVs to below link :
Health Coordinator not later than 15th Jan 2020 putting the job title as the email subject to be considered.
Only selected candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the process of recruitment.