Ended Project Manager
Job Title: Project Manager
Contract Type: Service Contract
Contract Duration: 12 Months
Location: Taiz or Ibb
Application Deadline: Jan 15, 2020
ABOUT TYF :
Tamdeen Youth Foundation (TYF), is a local humanitarian Organization which is private, nonpolitical, non-denomination and non-profit making. Action to help people and vocation is to save lives by combating hunger, disease and those crises threatening the lives of vulnerable men, women and children. TYF currently operates in a number of governorates in Yemen where it has implemented projects in nutrition, food security, health, WASH and protection, and empowerment ,
Job Purpose :
The project Director is to serve as a point person for the project , and provide technical leadership to project team and partner for all of its components , lead the planning of program activates and see high quality performance target ensuring adherence to technical standards , use appropriate management tools to plan ,review and track project implementation progress as well as the utilization of project resources , establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders including appropriate staff in the organization on the progress of the project , review the quality of work completed with the project team on a regular basis to meet the project standard
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the implementation of project’s activities to achieve quality results and on time.
- Development of work plans and budget management according to project outputs and results.
- Work closely with the other Project team to determine strategic direction and overall supervision and successful implementation of the project as well as the operational needs of the health and nutrition interventions needed.
- Undertakes ongoing visits to sites, conducting regular field visits. Monitor progress of activities, quality of implementation, and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Works with the MEAL department to provide program reports that are timely and meet institutional and donor requirements.
- Provide the technical advice to procure project supplies within project budget.
- Monthly update the Program Manger on progression of Project .
- Liaise closely with local authorities, donor and partner agencies to ensure program compliance with donor policies and regulations and complementary with other agencies' efforts.
- Provide technical guidance on the overall strategy for project design and management
- Conduct and provide technical support on nutrition and health assessments .
- Work closely with Programs Manager, and M&E to ensure activities are contributing towards program targets .
- Attend cluster/coordination meetings relevant to the project.
- Contribute to the creation of a positive image and overall credibility of the organization, notably through the application of the organizations Code of Conduct, ethics, values and stand-point with regard to internal and external actors.
Human Resources Management
- In cooperation with HR, hire and supervise staff to ensure their smooth and effective operations.
- Assist in the selection and training of qualified program staff and recommend promotions, disciplinary action and termination of staff in consultation with the Program Director, Program Manager, and HR and Finance
- Supervise the day-to-day staff to ensure smooth and effective operations
- Maintain open lines of communications with all field staff ,
Training/ Capacity Building
- Determine training needs for subordinate staff ,
- Train national staff to increase their responsibilities in order to build capacity and ensure sustainability of programs
- Conducts staff evaluations and advocates and plans for professional development for all subordinate staff,
- University degree in related technical field.
- At least Three years of relevant work experience including one year experience with NGO’s.
- Ability to supervise and mentor staff to achieve results,
- Experience in staff training and capacity building of national structures.
- Demonstrable ability at report writing.
- Ability and willingness to frequently travel and stay at the field.
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic.
Interested candidates should send their CVs to below link :
Project Manager not later than 15th Jan 2020 putting the job title as the email subject to be considered.
Only selected candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the process of recruitment.