Ended Activity Coordinator – Migrants Response Team
National Consultancy Position
Position: Activity Coordinator – migrants response team
Job site: Lahj
Report to: Project Manager
Status: Full time Staff
Supervises: 2 Outreach Social Workers, 1 lawyer, 4 volunteers and 2 drivers.
Purpose / Objectives:
The Activity Coordinator is responsible for the overall qualitative and timely implementation and reporting of the activities for the IOM funded project in support of migrants in his/her work area. The Outreach AC will be responsible of the Migrants Response Team (Outreach Social Worker, lawyer, volunteers and driver).
INTERSOS is implementing IOM funded project entitled: ‘Integrated Protection for Vulnerable Migrants and Conflict-Affected Yemenis (IDPs) in Yemen’
INTERSOS Migrants Response Team will be providing protection services and life-saving assistance: emergency food, NFIs, psycho-social first aid and awareness (both to migrants and host community), in addition to emergency transportation in case of injury and need for medical treatment.
- Planning and supervision of activities delivered by MRT in the field.
- Ensure quality assistance and information collection in order to report on trends and changes in protection concerns.
- Monitor internal and external referral mechanisms, including links with other stakeholders in the area.
- Ensure complaint and feedback number and hotline numbers are communicate to all beneficiaries
- Ensure the beneficiary satisfaction surveys are regularly conducted on representative sample of the beneficiaries
- Ensure high flexibility of the work plan to reach as many beneficiaries as possible during patrolling upon arrival points
- Attend external coordination meetings on Protection, mixed migration, on behalf of INTERSOS
- Provide inputs for external coordination meetings and feedback on issues raised to the Project Manager
- Ensure weekly and monthly internal meetings with all project staff to listen to staff feedback and inform them of ongoing activities or changes
- Develop and maintain community outreach and networking with community leaders
- Assist on the hiring of all staff, collaborating with the Project Manager and participating in interviews
- Follow HR procedures for all staff, ensuring that all details are sent to the administration in Aden before contracts are signed and staff begin to work.
- Assure monthly volunteer incentives, community leader incentives and staff support documents are timely delivered for monthly payments.
- Identify staff training needs.
- Report any problems or short coming by staff.
- Plan for monthly and ad hoc procurement, such as refreshments for awareness and NFIs and Food ration Items in collaboration with the logistics department.
- Provide weekly and monthly reports on activities conducted. This should include details of actions taken by INTERSOS staff. All reporting should be gender and age disaggregated and provide for breakdown in nationality of the migrants for all activities.
- Maintain a database of beneficiaries in a confidential way.
- On an informal basis, report to the Project Manager on trends established and protection concerns raised.
- The Activity Coordinator will report to the Project Manager .
Qualification and requirements:
Studies & professional experience:
- Hold a BA in social services or any relevant degree
- At least 2 years of professional experience working in national or international humanitarian organisation
- Demonstrable experience in team management
Most relevant other requirements:
- Good communication skills
- Arabic native speaker, with excellent English language skills (speak, read and write)
- Willing and able to commit and abide by INTERSOS code of conduct, charter of values and respect confidentiality
- Demonstrable experience in establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships with government counterparts & juridical entities
- Strong representation and negotiation skills
- Excellent computer skills (proven computer literacy)
- Strong understanding of humanitarian principles and protection guidelines
- Strong team spirit, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment
- Excellent analytical skills, observation and analysis capacity
- Attention to detail and structured way of approaching tasks
- Ability to plan ahead and output oriented
- Able to ensure quick quality delivery in stressful environment
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and respect line management
- Practical and problem-solver
- Ability to deal with heavy work pressure
- Deadline for submission of application: 14 January 2020
- Documents to be submitted: CV and Motivation Letter (incomplete applications will be not considered), in addition to contact details for minimum 2 reference persons (include position and relation)
- How to send the application: by e-mail to email@example.com (applications delivered by hand will be not considered)