Ended Finance Officer Audit and Account
Finance Officer Audit and Account
Position: Finance Officer Audit and Account – (1)
Vacancy Reference Number: FOAA - SAN/20
Under the guidance of the Finance Manager, Finance Officer (Auditing and Accountant) is responsible to provide support to finance department in term of looking after of accounting, banking, payroll, payments and reporting of financial records of the organization and dealing with internal and external auditors when required.
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Maintain close working relationship with external auditors.
SCOPE AND AUTHORITY
Scope of the Role:
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the FO has the responsibility to prepare the financial reports and maintain the income and expenditure record, and prepare the budget for various activities. Also responsible for preparing the financial management report, and preparing the record for the donor as well as external audit.
Responsibility for Resources:
- Preparation and accountability for all audit issues.
- Responsible for external and internal audit.
The job holder is accountable for fulfilling his or her roles and responsibilities in line with Islamic values and principles of fairness, humanity, honesty, respect and fair treatment of his/her colleagues and staff. This includes but not limited to:
- Preparation of accounts for statutory audit including the schedules of different items.
- Dealing and coordination with external auditors.
- Preparation of the response for the issues highlighted in the management letter by the external and donor auditors in the satisfactory way and take steps in consultation with line manager to avoid in the future.
- Reconciliation of in kind donation between the finance data and other concerned department.
- Preparation of fixed asset schedule from financial record and reconciliation with fixed asset register from admin department.
- Developing and maintaining strong working relationships with all budget holders, providing sound advice on financial management and compliance
- Dealing and liaising with donor auditors when required.
- Postings accounting records in books and accounting software for reporting of transactions and expenditures.
- Preparation/updating of Cash and Bank books on daily basis, to have proper account balances available at all times to support in decision making.
- Financial reporting to Country office on regular basis.
- Support to field offices in performing finance and accounts related tasks.
- Monitoring of financial procedures in field offices.
- Supporting budget preparation for ongoing and new projects.
- Drawing correct Trial balances from the posted entries (Project wise and Donor wise).
- Coding of vouchers according to latest chart of account in vogue and to help taking maximum output at the time of making any report.
- Maintenance of Chart of Account, expenses and budgets in operation.
- Verification of data entered in the software.
- Reconciliation of field office advance and clearances.
- Review of field offices clearance and highlight and report the deficiencies of the financial record and take the corrective action to avoid the mistakes in future and adherence of policies and procedures.
- Assist the FM in the development of policies and procedures of finance department and overall organization level.
- Linkages/correspondence with other offices.
- Dealing with bank, book bank expenses and preparing bank reconciliation statement
- Act as focal person from finance when required.
- Any other assignment as per the instruction of the line manager
- Complete Knowledge of accounting and book keeping.
- Complete Knowledge of financial procedures
- Complete Knowledge of financial management.
- Experience in working in Audit Firm.
- Bachelor degree in accountant with 2-3 years’ experience preferable in I/NGO sector.
- Flexibility. (A/I)
- Diplomacy, tact and negotiation skills. (1)
- Sympathetic with aims 6 objectives of Islamic Relief; empathy with and understanding of the basic teachings and values of Islam. (1)
- Sensitivity to cultural differences, and the ability to work in Yemen cultural context. (A/I)
- Excellent Team work skills and the ability to build good relations both internally and externally. (A/I)
- Good language skills in Arabic and English. (A/I)
- MS Word
- MS Excel
- Quick book / ERP
- Operation Planning and Management Skills
- Financial Management
- Team Player
- University degree in Accounting.
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to Click Here .
- All applications must include the vacancy reference number in the Reference No.
- Qualified Females are strongly encouraged to apply
- Only Short –listed candidates will be contacted.