Ended MEL Advisor
CARE International is currently seeking a MEL Advisor He/she will be responsible for providing technical support in all needs/impact assessments, field monitoring, data collection, analysis, evaluation, and learning activities of CARE Yemen
The position: MEL Advisor
This position reports to the Program Quality Coordinator and is mainly responsible for providing technical support in all needs/impact assessments, field monitoring, data collection, analysis, evaluation, and learning activities of CARE Yemen. The position holder will work closely with the program team in conducting field monitoring, support capacity building initiatives, and facilitate the collection of quality data. S/he will also provide ongoing support in reviewing and preparing quarterly and final narrative reports; and in the various aspects of monitoring and evaluation, including the development of indicators, target setting, data collection, analysis and interpretation of data for use by managers and policy makers for evidence based decision making. The MEL advisor ensures that objective evaluations are managed to assess the CARE programme and project relevance, effectiveness, efficiency, impact and sustainability of results and that evaluations are carried out in a credible and systematic manner with lessons and recommendations used for program/project design.
Monitoring and Evaluation System Development:
- Assist with the design and implementation of a monitoring and evaluation system that capture results at the program level and country office level;
- Support program teams in developing the overall framework for M&E, including annual work plan, annual project reviews, process monitoring, performance tracking, participatory evaluation, and lesson learned workshops;
- Provide support at the design stage of programs/projects through the provision of timely, accurate and comprehensive data and analysis;
- Provide technical support to Program Managers and field M&E staffs on the development of M&E tools such as HH questionnaires and FGDs checklist.
Monitoring and Data Quality Management:
- Organize, design, plan and carry out the collection, verification, evaluation, analysis, compilation and dissemination of statistical data;
- Conducting data quality assessments on key activities and developing analytical reports;
- Conduct regular field visits to track progress against indicators and put in place systems for routing data quality checks and revisions;
- Work closely with program managers to ensure data on project deliverables and achievements against the log-frame is as accurate and up to date as possible, and managed according to agreed processes and standards;
- Collaborate with field office staff and implementing partners on qualitative monitoring to provide relevant information for ongoing evaluation of project activities;
Evaluation and Learning:
- Organize and coordinate and evaluation missions for programs, sectoral and thematic evaluations, including desk evaluations/studies on selected sectors/themes.
- Regularly collect case studies, success stories, and human interest stories that tell an interactive story of the development impact of project activities
- Support the field team in conducting/analyzing/reporting Post Distribution Monitoring and KAP surveys
- Guide the regular sharing of the outputs of M&E findings with project staff, implementing partners, and primary stakeholders
- Support the dissemination of quality data for decision making and feedback via regular information sharing with stakeholders and beneficiaries, and through publication of key project successes.
- Compiling and analyzing collected data in order to identify lessons learned and any gaps or problems; sharing results in project reflection meetings and reporting any concerns to the appropriate program.
- Keeps up to date with developments in the sector, including best practice examples in-country and internationally, and ensure ongoing personal development and learning;
- Facilitate cross-learning during Monitoring and Evaluation events, peer evaluations, and sharing of technical resources (documents, etc.)
Reporting and accountability:
- Assist Program Managers to conceptualize, write, and consolidate progress reports, as well as briefing documents and other publications relating to CARE implementation
- Support the Program team in the quarterly, interim, and final reporting, ensuring that the reporting meets donor expectations and requirements
- Identification and formulation of lessons learned from evaluations and studies to be integrates into the final report
- Participate in annual project reviews and planning workshops and prepare relevant reports;
- In coordination with the Information Management Officer, assist the CO in rolling out its Accountability Mechanism, including preparations of tools for feedback and complaint collecting and recording
- Conduct capacity assessment of CARE and partner staff in monitoring and evaluation
- Organize and conduct of results-oriented monitoring and evaluation trainings (including quantitative and qualitative data collection methods) for CARE's and partners' staff
- Build the capacity of M&E and program staffs on different aspects on M&E including database management and impact assessment
Any other relevant duties as assigned by the supervisor
- progress reports, and translate as required if required.
- BSc/BA degree in Social Sciences, Development Studies, Information Management, Agricultural Science and other relevant discipline.
- A Masters degree or equivalent in Development Studies, Political Science, Economics or related field, and strong data analysis training.
- At least 5 years of experience in M&E, research , and project planning
- Working experience with NGOs
- Demonstrated experience in field monitoring and conducting evaluations and surveys;
- Experience in writing donor reports
- Strong data analysis skills with a knowledge on SPSS or Stata
- Strong facilitation skills;
- Working knowledge of information collection tools and methodologies, with a particular focus on data analysis and the ability to develop and apply methods and tools for knowledge capturing, preservation and sharing
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent computer literacy with a full knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Knowledge of GIS is preferred;
- Ability to prioritize work assignments, organize own schedule, perform routine work independently, meet deadlines, and adapt to continuously changing demands and multitasking. Ability to manage a heavy workload under time pressure.
- Ability to work effectively in a team with peers as well as with multiple supervisors in a multicultural environment and to interrelate in an effective fashion with staff at all levels as well as with external counterparts.
- Attention to detail.
- Good command of written and spoken Arabic and English.
- Comply with all relevant CARE policies and procedures with respect to child protection, workplace environment, employee code of conduct and all other related subjects.
Interested applicants should send a CV (English) by January 16th , 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading ‘MEL Advisor – Sana’a ’. Please do not apply unless you meet minimum application requirements, otherwise you will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.