Ended Supply Chain Assistant
Supply Chain Assistant (1 Position) Duty Station [Mokha -Yemen]
Who are we?
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is an International non-governmental organization, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people in over 30 countries around the world. DRC has been operating in East Africa and Yemen (EAY) region for over a decade, running a combination of emergency, livelihood, protection and advocacy programs through Country Offices (COs) in Kenya, Somalia, Ethiopia/Djibouti, Yemen and Uganda/Tanzania with a Regional Office (RO) in Nairobi.
DRC, through its specialized business unit, Danish Demining Group (DDG) aims to recreate a safe environment where people can live without the threat of landmines, unexploded ordinances and small arms and light weapons”. These goals can be effectively advanced through cooperation and joint action with other organization as well as with integration of operations and programs with its sister organization, DRC.
About the job
Responsible for all part of DRC procurement of goods and services, transportation of good and people, vehicle fleet management, and general logistics support to the base and programmes.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of Base Manager supply chain Assistant will do the following tasks but not limited to:
- Responsible of efficient fleet management ensuring the optimization usage of resources.
- Prepare monthly fleet management analysis and propose the number of car needed for the following month.
- Organize all the transportation of goods and staff for the south of Yemen DRC operation
- Plan, organize, direct, manage and evaluate the inventory management activities
- Develop and communicate inventory management policies and procedures
- Direct and manage regulatory compliance procedures related to inventory management operations
- Monitor inventory levels and inventory movement using manual or computerized inventory systems.
- Review compiled inventory reports (quantity, type and value of materials, and equipment and stock on hand)
- Assist Supply chain officer in procurement when its required
DRC Dynamics ERP System
- Assist in ensuring proper training and application of ERP-DRC Dynamics supply chain processes are conducted in Yemen
- Apply reports and data analytics from ERP-DRC Dynamics supply chain system to inform and improve supply chain performance
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Minimum 1 year of relevant work experience.
- Experience in administrative tasks, including filing systems.
- Excellent IT skills, including experience in operating an ERP supply chain system
- Experience in supply chain management including procurement, transport and distribution.
- Experience with standard procurement procedures and documentation.
- Experience with construction and site project management
- Experience with auto mechanics or electrical installations.
- Advanced English proficiency
- Fluency in local language
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Moreover, we also expect the following:
Associate degree in a Finance/Administration/IT/Social Science field any other relevant field of study) (bachelor’s degree preferred).
- Arabic - Fluent, reading and writing
- English - Fluent, reading and writing
DRC will offer the successful applicant a three months contract, renewable dependent on both funding and performance.
Work place Mokha with field visits.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment. This position will be placed at Band (NMI).
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button or the link below.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact email@example.com
Applications close January 19, 2020.
Need further information?
For more details on this position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that applications sent directly to [email@example.com] will not be considered.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.ngo