Ended Deputy MEAL Manager
Deputy MEAL Manager
Location of position: Aden, Yemen
I. Presentation of organization
Solidarités International (SI) is a French humanitarian organization, which has been committed to provide aid in the event of conflicts and natural disasters. SI mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: drinking water, food and shelter.
SI has opened a mission in Yemen since mid-September 2017. The mission is currently running three emergency projects with an integrated FSL and WASH approach mostly in Lahj, Taiz, Alhodidah and Aldhalea governorates.
II. Responsibilities and Tasks:
The Deputy MEAL Manager supports and mainstreams MEAL processes and activities throughout the programs. He/she ensures that all activities are implemented and carried out to the standards and, if necessary, proposes adjustment or improvements. He/she provides a methodological support to all program teams on technical questions linked to MEAL and cross-cutting issues such as: design of MEAL plan, quantitative and qualitative data collection, measure of indicators, complaint response mechanism, do no harm analysis etc.
S/He provides regular reports on the progress of activities to her/his line manager
S/He coordinates the teams and activities in the absence of her/his line manager.
List of main tasks:
Monitoring and evaluations of SI programs
- Under the supervision the MEAL Manager, contribute to the development of MEAL plans and tools for all activities.
- Centralize and organize data collection for activities and outputs such as defined in the monitoring plan.
- Under the supervision of the MEAL manager, participates in the consolidation and the analysis of the monitoring data (including identification of useful recommendations and lessons learnt).
- Prepare and implement trainings related to new monitoring tools.
- Organize & Conduct field visits for monitoring & evaluation purposes.
- Ensure indicators are entered in the relevant systems on a regular basis (ex: Activity Info).
- Keep monitoring tools and files archived at SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL office accessible to the program team and updated on a regular basis.
- Participate in the implementation of the accountability strategy
- Participate into the CRM standard operating procedures design
- Check that complaint response mechanisms are established and are accessible to all stakeholders.
- Check that complaints are registered and logged complaints into a formal database.
- Check that complaints are addressed and that an appropriate and timely response is given to the complainant.
- Participate in training field teams on CRM information plan
Institutional Knowledge Building
- Collect internal and external data to produce IKB reports on specific issues.
HR management/Capacity Development
- Take part in the department’s staff recruitment with the administrative department
- Welcome and brief new employees working under his/her responsibility
- Evaluate and assess the performance of collaborators under his/her direct supervision.
- Supervise adherence to security regulations by personnel under his/her supervision.
- Identify training needs.
- Conduct workshops and regular or ad hoc meetings
- Report to MEAL Manager information related to his/her activities and security context or any event that may affect SI activities and security
- Provide regular written report to the MEAL Manager about his/her activities
- Participate to writing monitoring reports and to some extend donor reports (MEAL sections)
- Supervise regular workshops and meetings with teams to disseminate analysis of monitoring outputs after validation of the MEAL Manager
- Represent SI when asked to do so
- Listen to the populations and local participants in the field and report to his/her manager any non-technical or safety-related issues which could affect the activities or safety of Solidarités International teams
- Ensure that tools and files are properly archived and secured
- Participate into learning workshops.
ORG CHART POSITION (reporting and functional relationships)
Line manager: MEAL Manager
Line report(s) on base:
Functional manager of: 3 MEAL supervisors at base level
III. Profile Required:
- University degree in statistic, sociology, IT or any related field
- Good knowledge of the project cycle, project implementation, project follow-up
- Excellent technical skills regarding database management, data analysis
- At least 1 year experience in a similar position, for private or INGO sector
- Prior NGO/INGO experience of 1 year minimum
- Experience in Emergency response is an advantage
- IT skills: Good knowledge of Office software: Excel, Word, knowledge of MDC methodology
- Languages: Arabic and English (written and spoken mandatory).
- Knowledge of the local humanitarian context
- Good understanding of the security context
- Proactive, motivated, honest and rigorous
- Female Candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Please submit your application (CV, Cover Letter) to Solidarités International by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Title of the related position must be written in the email subject
NB: The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your comprehension
Final date for applications: 18th of January 2020