Ended Interior Architect
We have an exciting new opportunity within the team at our Studio. We are looking for a capable, friendly, self-motivated and enthusiastic Junior Designer, willing to learn.
Working alongside our Director of Design, the Interior Designer will be charged with designing many of our new project spaces. S/he will be responsible for preparing design presentations including sketches and material boards, working drawings including construction details and specifications.
Initial contract is for up to a 3-month period, with the potential to be extended to 12 months for the right candidate.
Hours of work: Sunday to Thursday 9am-4pm.
Education: Bachelor in either Interior Design or Architecture
Experience: Minimum of 2 years preferably in high-end hospitality
Languages: English (well spoken and written)
Interpersonal and problem-solving skills; attention to detail, artistic ability, vision, and creativity.
Excellent communication skills, especially in regard to communicating an artistic vision.
Proficiency in AutoCAD, Photoshop, V-ray rendering, SketchUp or similar design software.
Excellent hand sketching skills and Good color sense.
Excellent 3D visualization and rendering skills.
Nice to have:
SketchUp - Lumion - Rivet
- Demonstrate an ability to develop excellent design and technical skills.
- Sketch preliminary design plans, including electrical layouts, and Support the Design Team with any drawing and design development.
- Specify materials and furnishings, such as lighting, furniture, wall finishes, flooring, and plumbing fixtures.
- Prepare final plans, using computer applications.
- Make projects’ documentation (drafting, specifications, and production information).
- Create a timeline for the interior design project and estimate project costs.
- Site visit survey when required.
- Produce presentations of design concepts and finishes boards.
- Assist with the preparation of tender presentation material.
- Research products and material specifications and Investigate suitability for use and maintenance.
- Determine cost of completion and project requirements in the budgeting phase.
- Be willing and prepared to help get involved with any other tasks/duties.
- A strong Knowledge of the Interior Design Industry.
- The ability to communicate pleasantly and professionally with both staff and clients, Good interpersonal skills and a good team player. Self-motivated with a keenness for self-initiated development.
- Possess an enthusiastic interest in design and creativity.
- Be committed to achieving personal and company missions and visions.
The candidate should be able to provide samples of previous work from all of the above categories. Drafting samples should include as much detail to clearly show the candidates’ creativity.
Send ONLY one-page C.V and Not more than five-page Portfolio to the following address: