Ended Liaison Assistant
TITLE: Liaison Assistant
Duty station: mokha base with travel in yemen
Handicap International is an independent and impartial international aid organization working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. Working alongside persons with disabilities and other vulnerable groups, our action and testimony are focused on responding to their essential needs, improving their living conditions and promoting respect for their dignity and their fundamental rights. Handicap International is a not-for-profit organization with no religious or political affiliation. More information can be found at http://www.handicap-international.org
HI has been intervening in Yemen on and off for the last 12 years, with its actions initially focused on development issues, notably through the support to the development of physical and functional rehabilitation services for people with disabilities (PwDs) as well as through the capacity-building of the national networks of Yemen Disabled People’s Organizations (DPOs).
Since the summer of 2015, HI has had a permanent presence in Yemen and its interventions have been adapted to the current context of conflict in Yemen. With the support of DFATD, ECHO and UNICEF, HI has been supporting two hospitals and one physical and functional rehabilitation center in Sana'a City, building the capacities of their key staff in early rehabilitation care and psychological first aid (including specifically for children), supplying rehabilitation equipment, and directly providing physical and functional rehabilitation care to war affected people.
In parallel, HI has been implementing an inclusion and protection mainstreaming project, funded by DFATD and the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, so as to help increase access to wider humanitarian services for the most vulnerable.
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
The Liaison Assistant, under the line management of the Security and Liaison (S&L) Manager will support the Security and Liaison manager to ensure positive working relationships with relevant stakeholders. The Liaison assistant with the support of the S&L manager, will ensure the timely, and accurate preparation and submission of documentation. The Liaison assistant will ensure timely follow up with relevant stakeholders to enable the successful establishment of activities. In close coordination with the S&L manager, the Liaison assistant may also be requested to track movements of staff.
Line manager: Security and Liaison Manager
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS DESCRIPTION
- In close coordination with the S&L manager, prepare relevant documentation from sub-agreements, travel, work permits, etc. with attention to detail and accuracy for submission to key stakeholders at district level
- Provide regular and timely information that informs the S&L manager/Field Coordinator of the change in regulations regarding the submission of documents or change in process
- As required, liaise with the Liaison assistant in Aden to ensure coordination between Aden and Mokha
- As requested by the S&L manager or field coordinator, liaise with different government departments and other key stakeholders
- Assist in the processing of administrative issues and ensure a good filing system for all files and documents both hard and soft copy
- Support S&L manager as requested in tracking movements of staff in and around the West Coast
- Carry out any other tasks as reasonably assigned by supervisor.
Note that this job description is subject to change, to respond to additional tasks or changes as identified by the line manager.
The normal working conditions are the following:
- The working hours are 8:00 to 16:30 (with 30 minutes lunch break) from Sunday to Thursday, However, due to nature of duty, flexibility in working hours is expected.
- The salary will be defined according to HI’s existing salary scale
- Based in Mokha, with frequent movements to the field as required
- 30 day leave/year + benefits (transport allowance, health insurance, life insurance)
- Start: immediately
HI’s Yemen mission implements activities in a sensitive environment regarding the safety and security of Handicap International staff and assets. Handicap International employees commit to observe the utmost respect of personal and professional ethics, to adhere to the humanitarian principles of neutrality and impartiality, and to ensure necessary levels of discretion are used within and outside working space. Not respecting this clause could lead to disciplinary action and/or to immediate dismissal as a result.
Any breach of the above mentioned responsibilities, of the Internal Regulations or of the Terms and Conditions of Engagement may be sanctioned by a written warning or immediate dismissal, if appropriate.
- Interested candidates may please send their CV and Cover Letter in English, G
Deadline for applications is 11:30 pm on Thursday, January 20th, 2020.
- Please include at least three references (stating the names of your Line Managers and an HR member for each reference – from INGOs), copies of ONLY Experience Certificates, and a copy of your national ID in your application.
- Please address all applications to: Recruitmentfirstname.lastname@example.org
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Handicap International, is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.