Ended Information Management Officer
Position Title: Information Management Officer
Duty stations: Sana'a
Number of positions: 1
Reporting to: MEAL Coordinator
Closing date: 15.01.2020
TYF is looking for experienced Information Technology specialists, with strong skills in data processing, data management, mapping and reporting. Under minimum supervision, the incumbent will be working with MEAL and Program Departments and ensuring that information management products are timely delivered and of highest quality.
TYF seeks to establish and implement data and information management systems that will enable improvement of internal management, program/project performance and evidence-based decision-making. Within this context, the Information Management Officer will develop, maintain, and support information management systems to support project implementation.
The Information Management Officer (IMO) will provide support in data collection, data processing, database maintenance and/or development, GIS, data analysis and reporting to clusters. Tasks are, but not limited to the following:
- IMO is expected to adhere with TYF policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines of the MEAL and program departments.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
- Ensure proper filing of documents.
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement.
- Work closely with program team in deferent sectors/projects (Health, Nutrition, WASH, Shelter/NFIs, CCCM…etc.) teams to support with collecting, collating, presenting and otherwise managing information for MEAL related reports.
- Responsible for establishment and day to day management of a database and monitoring system.
- Establish good practice of mobile data capture from design and form building, and respond to area offices requests for support on mobile data capture.
- Maintain and implement the protocols required for remote beneficiary engagement.
- Support and contribute to the development of a data management system through documentation, implementation and coordination of standardized information flows.
- Support analysis, reporting and visualization of data capture efforts by field teams.
- Capacity building and training implementation of program staff on information management tools and processes.
- Responsible for productions of maps & other geographic information products (GIS) in coordination with project officers and coordinators as well as charts and info-graphics materials.
- Update project achievements in TYF Reporting System and ensure quality of data entered on monthly bases by cross checking reports generated with projects supporting document and the Monthly Indicator Tracker.
- Ensure Monthly Indicator Tracker is updated on time, based on the supporting documents and mean of verification provided.
- Produce monthly progress reports of project including accurate comparison of targets versus achievement.
- Maintain proper filling system and storage of projects documents in collaboration with the MEAL assistant, and ensuring security of all document whereby only relevant staff have access to needed information.
- Responsible for data analysis and compilation of quarterly, annual and ad hoc program data and reports.
- Maintain and update the MEAL database, ensuring correct and swift data entry and processing.
- Support in the development of MEAL tools as required.
- Research and retrieve data from internal and external sources; prepare the statistical charts, tables and reports as required.
- Prepare information as requested by MEAL team and program staff and create dashboard or for easy data presentation while ensuring consistency in response.
- Maintain up to date beneficiaries’ database in collaboration with the program/project focal points focal points and MEAL team.
- Other activities agreed and discussed with TYF Program Manager, MEAL Coordinator and the MEAL Manager.
- University degree (Bachelor’s degree or higher) in Information Science, Software Engineering, Computer Science or another relevant field.
- Minimum two (2) years of work experience in the field of Information Management is essential.
- Experience in Information Management field in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Experience in data processing and analysis, creation of reports.
- Experience in the use of software, such as ArcGIS, Adobe Illustrator, Power BI, Activity Info;
- Excellent command of MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint…etc.).
- Practical experience in dealing with electronic data collection (mobile data capture).
SKILLS AND QUALITIES REQUIRED:
- Attention to details.
- Active listening skills.
- Ability to adapt to the context (flexible in performing his/her duties).
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural diversity.
- Creating an empowering and motivating environment.
- Good communication skills.
- Openness: knowing one’s limits and being capable of seeking information from others (opinion of experts, reference works, etc.).
- ability to give effective presentations.
- Good sense of organization is essential.
- Fluent is mandatory in Arabic, and Basic to moderate English language communication skills is required.
- English is preferred.
Travel: Some travelling must be expected as required.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CVs to below link :
Information Management Officer not later than 15th Jan 2020, putting the job title as the email subject to be considered.
Only selected candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the process of recruitment.