Job Title: MEAL Officer
No. of Positions: 1
Contract Type: Service Contract
Contract Duration: 10 Months
Application Deadline: Jan 30, 2020
Tamdeen Youth Foundation (TYF), is a local humanitarian Organization which is private, nonpolitical, non-denomination and non-profit making. Action to help people and vocation is to save lives by combating hunger, disease and those crises threatening the lives of vulnerable men, women and children. TYF currently operates in a number of governorates in Yemen where it has implemented projects in nutrition, food security, health, WASH and protection, and empowerment,
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
PROGRAM QUALITY AND PLANNING:
- Work with and support MEAL Coordinator, in preparing projects MEAL plans, indicators tracking sheets, and MEAL tools in line with the projects action plans and budgets.
- Participate in designing and implementation of studies, assessments and learning in coordination and cooperation with sectors’ technical coordinators and programme staff.
- Support the MEAL Coordinator on identifying training needs of staff on MEAL and conduct trainings to address the capacity gaps, in collaboration with their line-manager.
- Examine projects implementation and assess possible improvements based on lessons learned, best practices, technical advances, etc.
- Support the development of tools/methodologies to enhance projects quality.
PROJECT MONITORING AND EVALUATION:
- Track and monitor outputs and expected results of ongoing projects and the extent of completion of various activities and present findings to MEAL Coordinator.
- Support planning, implementation and follow-up of evaluations by: writing terms of references, preparing project summaries.
- Assess the satisfaction of beneficiaries with regards to the activities.
- Assess potential negative impacts of TYF intervention on the community.
- Evaluate the access to TYF activities for vulnerable legitimate beneficiaries and ensure the identification of potential barriers which might hinder access to services.
- Ensure appropriate and consistent implementation of project monitoring plan and tools and to support the projects managers in the review/revision of it when necessary.
- Conducts regular field visits to projects sites to carry out process monitoring as well as gathers feedback from the beneficiary community about the implemented projects and submit a detail report about the activities.
- Report to MEAL Coordinator in a timely manner on the progress and completion of projects implementation, including obstacles faced.
- Evaluate the impact of TYF activities on potentially vulnerable profiles or potentially vulnerability creating situations.
ACCOUNTABILITY AND LEARNING:
- Ensure implementation of proper and comprehensive Complaints Response Mechanism (CRM) for projects where each complainant is properly listened and responded.
- Ensure implementation of beneficiary feedback mechanism; the collection, management, analysis and integration of lessons learned.
- Ensure that all staff at all levels, including senior managers fully understand and promote accountability in general.
- Ensure that project activities are designed to promote feedback and response mechanisms and include systems to effectively manage complaints.
- Prepare monitoring reports according to defined methodology and schedule.
- Contribute to development of donor reports (e.g., analysis and interpretation of project data).
- Contribute to development of internal reports (e.g., Post Intervention Monitoring Reports) and presentation of findings/learnings to relevant team members.
- Maintain integrity and organization of monitoring documents and collaborate in their capitalization and archiving.
DATA COLLECTION AND ANALSYS:
- Collaborate with the Database Officer(s) to ensure proper design, formulation, coding, and utility of beneficiary database,
- Support in Developing and designing information management systems resulting from monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning activities, such as progress reports, databases and complaint mechanisms,
- Ensure comprehensive execution of required data analyses for monthly, periodic, reporting cycle of project(s)
- Bachelor’s degree in information and data management or any other relevant field.
- Advanced skills in data management (Advance Access/Excel) and capacity in info graphics software.
- Minimum 2 years of previous experience in managing data and/or MEAL in complex emergency programs for NGOs and INGOs.
- Very good written English and ability to write good quality reports.
- Self-motivated, results-driven and excellent sense of organization.
- Excellent English language proficiency – ability to develop high quality reports and accurately analyze MEAL data.
- Ability to interact with field teams and provide remote support on information and data management.
- Takes responsibility and initiative for finding out MEAL-related issues and expanding own knowledge.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CVs to below link :
MEAL Officer not later than 30th Jan 2020, putting the job title as the email subject to be considered.
Only selected candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the process of recruitment.