Health Officers (2)
Job Title: Health Officers
Report To : Health Coordinator
No. of Positions : 2
Contract Type: Service Contract
Contract Duration: 10 Months
Application Deadline: Jan 30, 2020
ABOUT TYF :
Tamdeen Youth Foundation (TYF), is a local humanitarian Organization which is private, nonpolitical, non-denomination and non-profit making. Action to help people and vocation is to save lives by combating hunger, disease and those crises threatening the lives of vulnerable men, women and children. TYF currently operates in a number of governorates in Yemen where it has implemented projects in nutrition, food security, health, WASH and protection, and empowerment ,
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Providing technical support to health facility (HF) medical and paramedics staff:
- Train health facility staff on medical protocols, national, international and depending on the health clusters’ guidelines, including hygiene protocols.
- Implement regular On- the Job Trainings (OJT)/capacity building for the health facility staff members and supportive supervision according to a weekly/monthly schedule that must be shared with the higher management.
- Establish mechanisms of providing regular weekly/monthly feedback on statistics and health activities to health facility staff.
- Plan and implement when necessary thematic capacity building or specific trainings according to the identified needs for health facility staff.
- Participate in establishing/improving referral system.
- Supervise drugs and consumables stock management in the health facility in collaboration with the assigned pharmacist.
- Ensure patient confidentiality is respected and treat all the patients with respect and dignity.
Management and technical support of the health facility supervision team .
- Train supervision team when necessary on medical protocols including hygiene protocols.
- Ensure use and respect of medical protocols by the supervision team through observation and direct supervision of the staff.
- Plan and implement thematic capacity building or specific trainings according to the identified needs for the supervision team.
- Organize the weekly schedule of the supervision team to ensure the smooth running of the activities.
Collection and analysis of health & pharmaceutical data:
- Provide the HF staff with the necessary data collection tools and ensure that they are fully conversant with these tools on timely bases (weekly/monthly).
- Perform proper trainings on data collection tools to ensure accurate collection and analysis of health facility data.
- Monitor the drug consumption alongside with the pharmacist by establishing/maintaining mechanisms of consumption record and inform the Health Coordinator in case of any unusual consumption.
- Identify and rectify gaps or weaknesses in medical activities by using monitoring and supervision tools.
Developing coherent project implementation strategy:
- Coordinate and follow-up with DHOs/GHO, and their focal points on different program related issues in in the targeted area(s) and provide regular updates to the program management team.
- Ensure always to have the updated demographical and population data sources from the related authorities in the district and the governorate.
- Coordinate with DHOs/GHO, for joint assessment visits either for a new location or to assess an ongoing activity or any outbreak investigations.
- Prepare weekly visits plan schedule to the supported health facilities for the supervision team on regular weekly bases and share the plan with the management of the project.
- Assist and ensure implementing a comprehensive need assessment of targeted health facility.
- Assist and ensure the implementation of the project activities in collaboration with other project team and coordination team.
Reporting and attendance to different meetings:
- Prepare weekly/monthly activities report (or according to the needs) to submit to the Health Coordinator.
- Collect and compile project data regularly and submit it to the health program coordinator, including statistical reports, case studies, and success stories.
- Compile drug consumption per month and per health facility in collaboration with the pharmacist.
- Ensure that the targeted indicators and activities are being met through regular follow-up of the data and the achieved outcomes.
- Make sure that Complaint and Feedback Mechanism (CFM) is in place and help beneficiaries become aware of it in collaboration with the MEAL team.
- University degree in medicine , Public Health or related technical field.
- Three years of relevant work experience including one year experience with NGO’s.
- Demonstrable ability at report writing.
- Ability and willingness to frequently travel and stay at the field.
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic.
- Good relations with people and a taste for contact, a liking for work in a team.
- Proficiency with word, excel and other special software.
Interested candidates should send their CVs to below link :
Health Officers not later than 30th Jan 2020, putting the job title as the email subject to be considered.
Only selected candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the process of recruitment.