Field Assistant (Shelter & CCCM)
Job Title: Field Assistant (shelter & CCCM)
Report To : CCCM Shelter Coordinator
No. of Positions : 2
Contract Type: Service Contract
Contract Duration: 7 Months
Application Deadline: Jan 30, 2020
ABOUT TYF :
Tamdeen Youth Foundation (TYF), is a local humanitarian Organization which is private, nonpolitical, non-denomination and non-profit making. Action to help people and vocation is to save lives by combating hunger, disease and those crises threatening the lives of vulnerable men, women and children. TYF currently operates in a number of governorates in Yemen where it has implemented projects in nutrition, food security, health, WASH and protection, and empowerment ,
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Undertake regular rapid and/or in-depth assessments across targeted districts at Taiz including through house to house assessments, IDP sites, set locations, at reception centers or through focus group discussions
- Conduct assessments and surveys of IDP sites, collecting information on overall services available, including WASH, health, protection, shelter, among others covering the basic needs of the population.
- Undertake verification of beneficiaries as required before any undertake distributions as and when required to IDPs.
- support other teams with assessments, including the development of the field assessment tools and focus group sheets and post distribution monitoring activities.
- Undertake regular market price monitoring of key items related to NFIs cash program.
- Provide advice and support awareness beneficiaries to obtain Cash for NFIs distribution and how they could benefit from local market to cover thier NFIs needs , working closely with the CCCM Shelter Coordinator.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- High school diploma (with four years experience) or Bachelors degree (with two years) ,
- Experience in the humanitarian sector preferable and working with vulnerable individuals.
- Fluency in Arabic is required , Working knowledge of English is an advantage.
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Interested candidates should send their CVs to below link :
Field Assistant (shelter & CCCM) not later than 30th Jan 2020, putting the job title as the email subject to be considered.
Only selected candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the process of recruitment.