Ended Livelihood and Food Security (LFS) Team Leader
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensure adherence to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Implement delegated LFS project portfolio according to a plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by LFS coordinator.
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement
- Provide regular activity progress reports to LFS coordinator.
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need of protection, explore and asses new and better ways to assist
- Ensure capacity building of project officers, assistants & field monitors.
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders at the governorate and district level.
- Supervise the implementation of all LFS activities with the technical support from LFS Coordinator.
- Develop timely and detailed monthly implementation plans for LFS activities in close coordination with the LFS teams and support departments.
- Review achievements and constraints in a weekly basis; and provide feedback accordingly.
- In charge of the day to day guidance of the LFS field staff making sure that projects implementation are in line with NRC technical guidelines, donor regulations and are done on time with quality.
- Follow up on a daily basis with the support department (finance, logistics, HR and administration) to guarantee the smooth running of LFS activities that include movement planning, internal request, payments, HR, etc.
- Ensure that the security plan and procedure is adhered to in all operations, including staff movements, etc.
- Consolidate weekly and monthly activity progress reports and participate in drafting of donor reports.
- Follow up all NRC LFS activities implemented by local partners, government department and service providers.
- Identify training needs of LFS teams, partners and community committees and organize/facilitate training events as needed.
- Identify capacity development needs for supervised staff and communicate with LFS Coordinator for planning
- Assist with the training of the LFS teams to ensure they have a solid understanding of the project technical design, implementation approaches, NRC & donor’s policies and tools, including M&E tools.
- Lead on stakeholder sensitization and maintain good working relationship with all stakeholders in the respective geographic areas.
- Ensure adequate and safe records of all project deliveries (cash, vouchers, in-kind etc.) including but not be limited to beneficiary database, receipt, storage, dispatch and distributions.
- Represent NRC at local level stakeholders and participate in meetings called by local representative and/or other partners operating in the area.
- In close coordination with M&E team, ensure all monitoring and evaluating activities are carried out on time, and lessons learnt are shared and capitalized on.
- In collaboration with M&E, ensure that all LFS projects are monitored regularly, and data are collected on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
- Regularly visit the project sites to ensure that the implementation of activities is closely monitored and filed teams are appropriately supported.
- Minim of Bachelor’s degree preferably in agriculture, agro-economy, economy, social sciences, development studies or other relevant discipline.
- Proven 1-year experience from working as a Project Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Good knowledge of English
- Knowledge of the context in Sanaa & Amran governorates of Yemen and willingness to be based there.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and creatively.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Planning and delivering results.
- Empowering and building trust.
- Communicating with impact and respect.
- Handling insecure environment.
We can offer
- 10 months (Renewable based on the budget availability and performance)
How to Apply