Ended Rapid Response Mechanism (RRM) Officer
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensure adherence to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Supervise and Implement delegated RRM project portfolio according to a plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents.
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement.
- Provide regular activity progress reports to Emergency Response coordinator.
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need of protection, explore and asses new and better ways to assist and to have a creative modality to track the new IDPs and their settlements.
- Ensure capacity building of project assistants and transfer key skills.
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders at the field level.
- Supervise the implementation of all RRM activities with the technical support of the LFS Manager.
- Develop timely and detailed monthly implementation plan of RRM activities in close coordination with the RRM teams and support departments. Review achievements and constraints in a weekly basis; and provide feedback accordingly.
- In charge of the day to day guidance of the RRM field staff making sure that the project implementations are in line with NRC technical guideline and donor regulations and are done on time with quality.
- Follow up on a daily basis with the support department (finance, logistics, HR and administration) to guarantee the smooth running of RRM activities that include movement planning, internal request, payments, HR, etc.
- Ensure that the security plan and procedure is adhered to in all operations, including staff movements, etc.
- Consolidate weekly and monthly activity progress reports.
- Follow up all NRC RRM activities implemented in all the targeted districts in Sana’a area.
- Identify training needs of RRM teams, community committees and all the service providers and casual enumerators, volunteers and organize/facilitate training events as needed.
- Assist with the training of the RRM field teams to ensure they have a solid understanding of the project technical design, implementation approaches, NRC & donor’s policies and tools, including M&E tools.
- Lead on stakeholder sensitization and maintain good working relationship with all stakeholders in the respective geographic areas.
- Ensure adequate and safe records of all project deliveries (RRM 3UN kits, CASH assistance, in-kind etc.) which should be requested as harmonized to the registered beneficiaries including but not be limited to beneficiary database, receipt, RRM kits request, and distributions.
- In close coordination with M&E team, ensure all monitoring and evaluating activities are carried out on time, and lessons learnt are shared and capitalized on.
- In collaboration with M&E, ensure that all FSL projects are monitored regularly, and data are collected on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
- Regularly visit the project sites to ensure that the implementation of activities is closely monitored and filed teams are appropriately supported.
- Bachelor degree preferably in agriculture, agro-economy, economy, social sciences, development studies or other relevant discipline.
- Proven experience from working as a Project Officer in a humanitarian/emergency context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Some knowledge of English.
- Knowledge of the context in Sana’a.
- Experience with start-up, exit or similar
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and creatively.
- Excellent computer skills.
We can offer
10 months (Renewable based on the budget availability and performance).