Ended Livelihoods and Food Security Coordinator
Duties and responsibilities
- Line management of CC project field staff
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
- Contribute to CC strategy development, project proposals and provide input on needs and gaps
- Manage and implement delegated portfolio of Food Security & Livelihoods CC projects (activities, budget and project documentation) as delegated from PM in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements, and ensure high technical quality
- Provide regular progress reports to PM (AM and CCS if no PM)
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need of protection, explore and asses new and better ways to assist
- Promote and share ideas for improvement and necessary changes in the activities
- Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer key skills
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
Relevant university degree or higher education, preferably in food security, livelihoods, economics, international development etc.
- At least 5 years’ experience in planning, coordination and management of food security and early recovery programme with international NGOs in humanitarian setting; particularly in food distribution, cash and voucher programming as well as early recovery assets building.
- A proven record of effective and complex management including managing project cycle management and staff. This includes excellent people management skills, with a good understanding of programme cycle, team development and proven financial management skills.
The ability to take the initiative and work independently, innovatively and effectively with limited direct supervision.
- Ability to work within a team – supporting other departments is essential
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills with the ability to remain calm whilst dealing with conflicting priorities/work under pressure
- Good networking, negotiation and representation skills with the ability to influence and advocate
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal English and Arabic skills) and the ability to write clear, concise reports.
- Knowledge of donor contract regulations, particularly DFID, ECHO, SIDA, N