Ended Tracking Operator
TITLE: Tracking Operator
PLACE: Mokha yemen
Handicap International is an independent and impartial international aid organisation working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. Working alongside persons with disabilities and other vulnerable groups, our action and testimony are focused on responding to their essential needs, improving their living conditions and promoting respect for their dignity and their fundamental rights.
Handicap International is a not-for-profit organisation with no religious or political affiliation. It operates as a federation made up of a network of associations that provide it with human and financial resources, manage its projects and implement its actions and social mission. For more details on the association: http://www.handicap-international.fr/en/s/index.html
GLOBAL OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION
To ensure that tasks and responsibilities are completed in accordance with policies and procedures of staff and vehicles movement, Under the line management of the Security and Liaison Manager the Tracking Operator responsible for Tracking, Monitoring of staff and vehicles movements and coordinate with drivers to ensure an efficient logistics support to the activities based in Mokha.
Line manager: Security and Liaison Manager
Line manager +1: Area Manager/Field Coordinator
Functional link: All employees.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS DESCRIPTION
- Ensure that drivers comply with HI safety and security SOPs and procedures during movements
- Ensure that the safety and security messages and alerts are shared with staff through the communication tree
- Support and coordinate with logistics to facilitate work related movements within HI’s areas of operation
- Monitor and register any movement as HI SOPs including vehicles, (departure, arrival, number of passengers, route taken, etc.), staff, locations
- In coordination with the S&L manager, ensure daily movements based on the security situation
- Monitor the situation closely and post updates and advisories if any disruption or pertinent threat persists on the routes that HI staff undertakes
- Maintain updated maps using GIS or mapping software of incidents and locations visited by HI
- Safety and security briefing to the drivers (each day before the start of movements)
- Make sure under NO circumstances are firearms/weapons allowed in HI vehicles.
- Monitor the safety and security situation through media and other sources and keep log of important developments happened in the area of responsibility – and report pertinent updates to the SLM
- Upon request, fill the security incident and events Follow Up HI tools
- Support SLM in managing guard force and monitor their performance
- Monitor CCTV cameras and surveillance devices and report suspicious and reportable incidents to the SLM
- Real time tracking of movements use tracking software
- Admin tasks and other tasks as requested by the line manager
- Be an active team member as part of the Security & Liaison team
- Make sure to keep good relationship with all staff.
REPORTING & ANALYSIS
- Provide a weekly movement report to the Security Manager using established movement matrix Share with the security Manager all information he may have regarding security, especially regarding road accessibility.
- Share with security manger route assessments for all HI locations of intervention in his/her area as requested
- Provide up to date maps of HI’s operational areas and locations visited frequently by HI staff
Note that this job description must remain flexible, to respond to additional tasks or changes as identified by the line manager.
JOB CHARACTERISTICS / REQUIREMENTS:
Educational background and experience:
- Diploma Degree in relevant field
- Minimum 2 years’ experience.
- Strong knowledge in the requirements to work and move outside in the South of Yemen
- Good skills in mapping using Google Earth and GPS coordinates
Skills and qualities:
- Ability to work under pressure with a high level of personal organization and flexibility
- Good communication and reporting skills
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and to HI’s mandate
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills
- Proactive, hardworking and discreet
Required languages & IT skills:
- Working proficiency in both English and Arabic mandatory (oral and written)
- High computer literacy including demonstrated experience in the Microsoft package
- Experience in other computer packages and software is beneficial
- The salary will be defined according to HI’s existing salary scale
- Based in Mokha, with frequent movements to the field
- Start: ASAP
- 30 day leave/year + benefits (transport allowance, health insurance, life insurance)
- The working hours are the following: 8:00 to 16:30 (with 30 minutes lunch break) from Sunday to Thursday.
- Note that working time can go up to 48 hours per week (according to the Yemen labor law) if it is required by the volume of activities and by the line manager.
- Interested candidates may please send their CV with cover letter in English, with the reference in the email subject: YEME/HR/2020/PROG/TRACKOP/MOKHA + Applicant full name
Deadline for applications is 011:30 pm on January 20th 2020.
- Please address all applications to: Recruitmentemail@example.com
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Handicap International, is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.