Protection Monitoring Coordinator
National Staff Position
Position: Protection Monitoring Coordinator
Job site: Aden with regular visit to Mukalla and Sayoun
Report to: Project Manager and Protection officer
With the support and supervision of the Project Manager and Protection Officer, is responsible for the correct and efficient implementation of the Protection Monitoring team activities in the assigned area and for the overall supervision of the projects’ teams according to relevant principles and minimum standards.
Provide ongoing oversight, leadership, and guidance to the staff teams to ensure that the projects meet high quality and best practice standards and prioritize the safety and security of beneficiaries and staff
- Ensure a permanent coordination and monitoring of projects’ teams’ activities.
- Support the staff teams through the development of a technically sound (monthly & weekly) work plan consistent with the goals and objectives of the project.
- Organize weekly/monthly meetings to plan activities with the projects’ teams,
- Strengthen and ensure communication / coordination among the projects’ teams, ensuring that there is a comprehensive link and mainstream between the different project components.
- When requested, participate in the recruitment of projects staff;
- Provide objective feedback with regards to staff performance (evaluate performance and delivery against job descriptions), expectations and areas for growth and professional development.
- Ensure the team in the respective area are working effectively together, mitigate in case of tensions and conflict and report immediately on HR related issues
- Maintain good working relations with key actors, including refugee committees, local authorities and partner organizations.
- In coordination with the teams, ensure that a weekly expenditure planning is prepared and timely delivered to the Project Manager including expected costs for:
- Cost to deliver/implement activities
- Manage responsibly the petty cash.
- Ensure that all other relevant administrative & financial documentation (purchase requests, receipts) is completed accurately as required.
- Drafting the monthly Protection SitRep and deliver it timely to the Protection Officer and Project Manager
- Provide qualitative & timely monthly reports to the Project Manager and Protection Officer giving a comprehensive overview of the achievements and targets reached per activity (activity implementation progress) conducted, indicating the challenges and mitigating measures proposed or to be implemented, indicating issues related to HR, and refer to next month’s planning, etc.
- Participate in monthly coordination meetings with INTERSOS Office team working in different projects and with HoM upon request.
- Be available for eventual trainings provided by INTERSOS and support in identifying staff training needs;
- Meet with other INTERSOS projects staff as required: conduct punctual meetings for sharing ideas, priorities with projects’ teams’ members;
- Maintain positive coordination and relationships with partners by liaising and collaborating with other INGOs and LNGOs when required.
- Take part, when requested by the supervisors, at the monthly coordination and protection working group meeting with UNHCR and other organizations
- In coordination with Project Manager, identify a suitable replacement during his/her absence
- Perform other related duties upon request to support the project team and the project implementation process
Qualification and requirements
Studies & professional experience:
- Hold a BA in social services or relevant fields
- At least 4 years of professional experience working in Yemen on protection related issues
- Demonstrated familiarity with refugee protection programming, case management principles, standards and procedures, include relevant roll-out of SOPs for different protection typologies.
- Demonstrable experience in activity coordination, team management, supervision of team and motivation of team
Most relevant other requirements:
- Strong collaboration, representation and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills (proven computer literacy)
- Demonstrated experience in staff supervision
- Strong experience with monitoring tools and systems relevant to case management
- Readiness to commit and adhere to the values, mission and vision of INTERSOS
- Strong understanding of humanitarian principles and protection guidelines
- Native Arabic - Excellent written and spoken English
- Strong team spirit, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment
- Excellent analytical skills, observation and analysis capacity
- Attention to detail and structured way of approaching tasks
- Ability to plan ahead and output oriented
- Able to ensure quick quality delivery in stressful environment
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and respect line management
- Very strong interpersonal skills: strong communication and diplomatic skills
- Practical and problem-solver
- Ability to deal with heavy work pressure
- Deadline for submission of application: 19 January 2020 COB
- Documents to be submitted for application: CV and Motivation Letter (incomplete applications will be not considered)
- How to send the application: by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org (applications delivered by hand will be not considered)
- Subject reference to be used is ‘35102 – Protection Monitor Coordinator”