CP Social Worker
National Staff Position
Position: CP Social Worker
Job site: Basateen (Aden), Kharaz Camp (Lahij) and Mukalla & Sayoun
Report to: Child Protection Case Management Supervisor and DC Coordinator
Status: Full time
General context of the project
The program is implemented in Basateen (Aden), Kharaz Camp (Lahij) and Mukalla & Sayoun (Hadramout).
This program provides for a comprehensive case management package for SGBV, CP and PwSN that comprises identification, counseling, cash assistance, legal assistance, NFI, internal and external referrals and follow-up. The activities also include support to unaccompanied and separated children (UASC), including alternative care systems, community mobilization and social services, and self-reliance activities (from TVET angle). INTERSOS is running 4 drop-in centers and one community center. Additional mainstreaming component are protection monitor and community engagement supporting in capacity building 2 local NGOs and refugees committees.
Moreover the programme covers legal assistance and detention monitoring in 6 governorates: Taiz, Al-Dhalea, Shabwa, Lahj, Hadramout and Al Mahra.
Purpose / Objectives:
Social Worker is responsible for providing case management services for CP individual cases, approaching or being referred to the drop-in center, such as providing psycho-social first aid (PSFA), preparing the Best Interest Assessment (BIA), developing care plan, recommending for financial assistance, and proposing for referral for specialized services (legal, psychological, medical, etc.)
Social Worker works under the supervision of the Child Protection Case Management Supervisor and in accordance to Drop-In Center referral map.
- Detect, counsel and follow up individual cases identified during psychosocial activities or referred by other agencies
- Conduct psychosocial assessment of vulnerable cases, including environmental, emotional, behavioral, and social factors as well as resources and strengths that impact the individual well- being
- Conduct home visits to assess the living conditions of the cases
- Refer cases internally for legal assistance, psychological counseling or financial assistance when needed.
- Ensure coordination with the main service providers in the area of intervention for prompt referral, follow up and information sharing
- Manage, fill, archive specific forms for cases profiling, referral and weekly reporting ensuring confidentiality, accuracy and timeliness
- Monitor and follow up the outcome of the material assistance provided by other partner agencies and services providers
- Be available to provide emergency assistance and basic emotional support for urgent cases
- Ensure that data protection protocol is respected.
- Support the Case Management Supervisor, the Activity Coordinator and the other social workers in organizing awareness sessions on CP’s related issues
- Support the Case Management Supervisor and the Activity Coordinator in links with the Community Based Protection Networks in gathering information and receiving referrals
- Provide daily updates to the Reporting Officer and Case Management Supervisor, Activity Coordinator about new cases assessed.
- File and report in detail on all cases with relevant information about the case, background, case plan, follow up and actions taken
Meetings and Trainings
- Be available to participate in meetings and trainings in and outside the centres including case management meetings and case conferences
- Participates in daily staff meetings
- Participates in weekly internal case management meetings led by the Case Management Supervisor for CP
- The Social Worker will report to the Case Management Supervisor for CP
- Hold an BA in social sciences or related fields
- At least 1 years of professional experience working in case management related issues.
- Have an excellent background and understanding about CP Typologies
- To conduct BIA/BID
- Demonstrated familiarity with case management principles, standards and procedures, terminology.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills (proven computer literacy), especially in Word and Excel.
- Readiness to commit and adhere to the values, mission and vision of INTERSOS.
- Native Arabic – EXCELLENT written and spoken English is an asset
- Strong team spirit, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment
- Excellent analytical skills, observation and analysis capacity
- Attention to detail and structured way of approaching tasks
- Ability to plan ahead and output oriented
- Able to ensure quick quality delivery in stressful environment
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and respect line management
- Very strong interpersonal skills: strong communication and diplomatic skills
- Practical and problem-solver
- Ability to deal with heavy work pressure
- Deadline for submission of application: 19 January 2020 COB
- Documents to be submitted for application: CV and Motivation Letter (incomplete applications will be not considered)
- How to send the application: by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org (applications delivered by hand will be not considered)
- Subject reference to be used is ‘35XY – Social worker CP”