Ended WASH Engineer Officer
wash Engineer officer (1)
Deadline: January 16, 2020
Duration: 10 Months
Location: roaming between AlJawf and Dhamar
Reference code: wash Engineer officer# 20 wash -OCHA
About YARD foundation:
Yemen Alkhair for Relief and Development-(YARD)
Yemen AlKhair for Relief and Development foundation known as (YARD) is a national and nongovernmental foundation established in 2013, to implement various projects in relief and development. The foundation announces the need to hire a wash Engineer officer.
The aim of the job
WASH Officer will lead and supervise the implementation of works, respecting deadlines and provide technical assistance and ensure minimum quality requirements are met.
Duties and Responsibilities:
List of main tasks:
Setting up the activities /control and supervision
Implementation & Supervision of Water & Sanitation Activities
- Under the supervision of the WaSH PM, take part in logistical and administrative organization and the planning and preparation of activities
- Produce technical files (BoQs, Scope of work, Drawing, etc.) according to the identified needs, standards and available resources.
- Ensure the construction and/or the maintenance of construction works using Solidarities International tools.
- Supervise contractors and engage with communities, and ensure the best use of available resources
- Organize, plan and supervise community/institutional participation
- Anticipate any problems associated with the management of their activities and propose solutions to the WaSH PM to avoid them
- Manage the supply of worksite materials as instructed by the WaSH PM by collaborating with the logistics department
- Report to the WaSH PM on the state of ‘field’ stock on his/her sites.
- Take part in the evaluation of the technical competence of contractors/plumbers
- Respect Solidarities administrative procedures before, during and after each work project
- Establish safety and security measures for each activity and ensure that these rules are respected by the workforce under his/ her supervision and by the population
- Provide training to all relevant beneficiaries (health facility workers, daily laborers, beneficiaries) to ensure the safe and appropriate use of facilities installed.
- Enough knowledge at medical waste management (sorting, transporting, storing, treatment and disposal), also knowledge at different types of incinerators
- Collaborate with local authorities and administration to ensure access and authorized works as requested by the WaSH PM.
- Collaborate with other WaSH actor field staff as needed to facilitate the smooth implementation of activities as instructed by the WaSH PM.
- Any other tasks assigned by YARD Management
- Keep his/her monitoring tools and files archived in the Solidarities office, accessible to the WaSH PM or PM
- Take part in the drafting of project progress reports under the supervision of the WaSH PM
- Take part in seminars and workshops related to the carrying-out of activities and to project objectives
- Report to the WASH PM regarding the development of activities and specific tasks that they been assigned, any problems encountered and the quality of relations with the beneficiaries
- Report back all information or problems linked to his/her activity, Solidarities programs or safety issues
- Listen to and coordinate with the local population and authorities in order to identify any needs, complaints, or major events which could affect the activities of Solidarities
- Analyze the humanitarian situation by taking into account protection issues/Do No Harm to the population
- Take part in lessons learned workshops and other program evaluation activities
- Take part in WaSH-specific inter-agency meetings as well as other bi-lateral meetings as instructed by the WaSH PM
Qualifications and Experience :
- Bachelor degree at civil engineering
- Civil engineering knowledge (particularly in water supply, pumping, boreholes)
- Knowledge about water projects, hydraulic pressures, pumps and engines.
- Must be willing to learn new skills and procedures
- Must be a good team player with good communication skills (Arabic essential, English is desirable)
skills and languages:
Interested candidates should send their CVs in English with a cover letter to
email@example.com with the job title as the email subject. The code reference must be indicated in the email.