Ended Shelter\NFI\CCCM Officer
Shelter\NFI\CCCM Officer (1)
Deadline: January 16, 2020
Duration: 10 Months
Reference code : Shelter\NFI\CCCM Officer # 20 -OCHA
About YARD foundation:
Yemen Alkhair for Relief and Development-(YARD)
Yemen AlKhair for Relief and Development foundation known as (YARD) is a national and nongovernmental foundation established in 2013, to implement various projects in relief and development. The foundation announces the need to hire a Shelter\NFI\CCCM Officer.
. The aim from the job
Shelter\NFI\CCCM officer responsibility is to coordinate the implementation of project/intervention, ensure that project activity and outputs are implemented in a timely manner and according to the Operational Plan and M&E Plan., ensure high quality reports are submitted in a timely manner and work closely with the project manager to ensure reports meet project requirements, plan and follow the activities of the project with the team such as beneficiaries satisfaction assessments, and the success stories, ensure the involvement and inform communities and community leaders about the project activities and work on the partnership between local authority, partner and the project.
.Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct technical needs assessments, focus group discussions, community meetings, and other community mobilization activities.
- Participate in field level coordination with community stakeholders in areas of project implementation as directed by the PM.
- Produce site level Scope of Work in accordance with YARD Technical minimum standards. Document existing condition of site/unit.
- Technical Supervision of Daily Workers and Incentive Volunteers.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
- Ensure proper filing of documents related to the project.
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and asses’ new and better ways to assist.
- Supervise and monitor the beneficiary selection for Shelter related activities and ensuring that it is within the strategy
- Facilitate in community meetings and support community mobilization; communicate with community leaders, on key community interventions
- Coordinate and collaborate with Governorate, District and other governance structures at community level for communication and intervention clarity.
- plan and carry out needs assessments, baseline studies and surveys, and provide feedback on the findings from the various project stakeholders.
- Coordinate/share plans with the cluster partners, NGOs/INGOs/UN agencies and Govt Line agencies to avoid any duplication of project activities or service provision.
- Liaise with community leaders and other sectors and agencies working locally in order to coordinate within all the service providers.
- Preparation of reports, supervise data collection within beneficiary communities to ensure impartiality and clarity of information collected.
- Accomplish the other necessary activities related to the office and project tasks.
Qualifications and Experience :
- Technical background in Shelter and a University Degree in Engineering, Social Sciences or extensive training or experience in shelter work and community mobilization
- A minimum of one year of experience working with a NNGO or INGO in emergency setting implementing cash, CCCM or shelter programming.
- Previous experience with community facilitation project.
- Solid understanding of administrative procedures.
- Knowledge and understanding of construction management.
- Good organizational skills, attention to detail and reporting in a timely manner.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and relationship building skills.
- Strong computer proficiency, particularly with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Good knowledge of public sector and/or emergency services.
- Good knowledge of geographically assigned environment
- Prefer to be able to communicate and develop linkages with NGOs & INGOs, Government agencies, local communities.
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, and ability to work under pressure.
Skills and languages:
Interested candidates should send their CVs in English with a cover letter to
firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title as the email subject. The code reference must be indicated in the email.