Ended Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
Monitoring & Evaluation Officer (1)
Deadline: January 16, 2020
Duration: 10 Months
Reference code : Monitoring & Evaluation Officer # 20 -OCHA
About YARD foundation:
Yemen Alkhair for Relief and Development-(YARD)
Yemen AlKhair for Relief and Development foundation known as (YARD) is a national and nongovernmental foundation established in 2013, to implement various projects in relief and development. The foundation announces the need to hire a Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
. The aim from the job
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will be responsible for monitoring the implementation of the projects’ activities and ensuring the overall program quality. S/he will monitor and evaluate the implementation of all project activities; and work closely with the program’s team to provide any feedback and observations as well as reporting the achieved results. S/he will also lead on collecting all the required data from the field and report on the program’s framework and the required project’s donor reports.
.Duties and Responsibilities:
1.Grant and/or Program Management Support
- Support all M&E initiatives for assigned grant(s)/project(s) including monitoring data quality, tracking the progress of activities.
2. System Development
- Creating a framework and procedures for the monitoring and evaluation of project activities.
- Defining and implementing the key project performance indicators as well as monitoring them throughout the duration of the projects.
- Assist Program staff and the Project Manager in clarifying project information needs.
- support project/program staff on ways to properly document, organize and capture program progress.
- Draft tools and their revisions as well as data collection procedures under the supervision of the PM (eg. logical framework, project performance tracking, indicators)
3. Data Management and Analysis
- Keep tracking the developments in the program changes and progress in order to advise and recommend tools and strategies to increase program performances and results.
- Suggest ways to facilitate data collection and the flow of data within Program field teams.
- Identify strengths and weaknesses in existing data collection and management systems and the propose solutions.
- Perform regular field visits to ensure the quality of data collected by Programs and to verify the accuracy of reported data.
- Conduct surveys when necessary, collect surveys data, and provide analysis to the PM and The donor.
- Support the Project Manager to ensure that donor, partner, and Senior Management data queries are addressed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Support and participate in program and project evaluations
4. Communication and Reporting
- Submitting all the required reports to the donor.
- Assist Program Development/Grants Management in establishing log frames, M&E work plans, and targets during the drafting donor project proposals as well as throughout project implementation
Qualifications and Experience :
- University degree in Social Development, Development, Economics or Performance Management or another relevant field.
- Three years of professional experience at the national and/or international level in related fields of work within Non-Governmental Organizations
- excellent writing skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to adapt message to culturally diverse audiences.
- Knowledge of the organization’s mandate and its programs and activities.
- Good analytical skills.
- Very good knowledge of computer applications for information collection, management and dissemination. Ability to work on own initiative as well as a member of a team.
Skills and languages:
- Excellent command in English and Arabic languages
Interested candidates should send their CVs in English with a cover letter to
firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title as the email subject. The code reference must be indicated in the email.