Ended Hygiene Promoter
Hygiene Promoter (1)
Deadline: January 16, 2020
Duration: 6 Months
Location: roaming between AlJawf and Dhamar
Reference code : : Hygiene Promoter # 20 wash -OCHA
About YARD foundation:
Yemen Alkhair for Relief and Development-(YARD)
Yemen AlKhair for Relief and Development foundation known as (YARD) is a national and nongovernmental foundation established in 2013, to implement various projects in relief and development. The foundation announces the need to hire a Hygiene Promoter.
. The aim from the job
The Hygiene Promoter will be responsible to organize community awareness on hygiene related issues, community mobilization and monitoring and reporting of all the activities concerning hygiene communities’ awareness campaigns, sessions and needs identifications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under the supervision of the WASH officer deliver effective and appropriate Hygiene sensitization/awareness to help the IDP and host communities to mitigate health risks;
- Ensure that quality standards are considered during the planning and implementation of the Hygiene Promotion sessions as required;
- Participate in the distribution of Hygiene Kits
- Sensitize people on How to use Hygiene Kit (so how to easy use Aqua-tabs)
- Hygiene Promoter will conduct specific sessions to water vendors or those responsible for trucking, selling, and monitoring water collection on cholera prevention messages, on the importance of safe water handling, and on the purpose of chlorination.
- Conduct sessions in the WASH intervention locations to provide the targeted population with technical inputs and guidance on water, solid waste and sanitation facilities management, use and maintenance.
- Manage the Hygiene promotion related logistics, equipment and material;
- Ensure that community/beneficiary feedback are collected and reported on regular basis;
- Supervise and monitoring of awareness activities in the targeted areas.
- Managing all the CV and collecting the required reports from them.
- Any other task not here listed and necessary to the projects achievement in the sector and area of assignment.
Qualifications and Experience :
- A minimum Bachelor’s degree in social sciences or similar fields high desirable;
- Strong diplomatic, interpersonal and communications skills;
- Prior experience as hygiene promoter will be considered as an advantage
- Adherence to Humanitarian principles of Neutrality, Impartiality, Independence and Humanity
- Excellent communication skills with different population groups (age, gender, social status, etc.)
- Clear & timely communications to line management
Skills and languages:
- Native Arabic speaker with basic knowledge of English.
Interested candidates should send their CVs in English with a cover letter to
email@example.com with the job title as the email subject. The code reference must be indicated in the email.