Ended CCCM Protection Monitor
CCCM Protection Monitor (1)
Deadline: January 16, 2020
Duration: 10 Months
Reference code : : CCCM Protection Monitor # 20 -OCHA
About YARD foundation:
Yemen Alkhair for Relief and Development-(YARD)
Yemen AlKhair for Relief and Development foundation known as (YARD) is a national and nongovernmental foundation established in 2013, to implement various projects in relief and development. The foundation announces the need to hire a CCCM Protection Monitor.
. The aim from the job
The Protection Monitor is responsible for ensuring YARD’s protection mandate is being considered and mainstreamed within all YARD project and programs. Under the supervision of NFI/CCCM Officer, the protection capacity of YARD staff, partners, community organizations, volunteers and other stakeholder will be executed in accordance with the organizational mandate, priorities, and donor agreement.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate with YARD colleagues to ensure key protection elements, standards and mandates are being considered and implemented throughout the project management cycle in the respective sector,
- Identify, refer, and follow up for individuals, families, communities with protection concerns and needs
- Ensure linkages between the protection team and the respective sector
- Contribute to the identification and reduction of vulnerabilities and/or exposure to threats, thereby creating a safer, more protective environment to the populations of concern,
- Develop/compile training packages on selected Protection and Protection project related topics,
- Provide trainings utilizing developed training packages and other materials to YARD staff, community groups, and stakeholders, in coordination with the Shelter/NFI/CCCM Officer,
- Facilitate trainings related to protection mainstreaming, as well as general protection principles to YARD’s partners and internal staff,
- Coordinate the provision of trainings with respective staff (sector staff, HR, Logistics, Finance, M&E) and Shelter/NFI/CCCM Officer,
- Monitor application of skills gained in trainings by staff, partner organizations, community groups, and stakeholders,
- Produce monthly reports on the progression of protection mainstreaming in all YARD programmes,
- Develop and maintain effective working relationship with colleagues and relevant stakeholders including partner agencies, community leaders and service providers;
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Shelter/NFI/CCCM Officer
- Conduct duties in accordance with YARD Yemen programme Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs);
- Conduct duties in accordance with YARD Code of Conduct
- Ensure transparency and YARD’s positive regard and reputation within communities
Qualifications and Experience :
- University degree in law, human rights, refugee studies, social sciences or other related discipline;
- Relevant professional experience of three (3) years, preferably in emergency and/or development context;
- Prior experience or familiarity with NGO and/or persons of concern (including internally displaced persons and refugees-returnees) would be a distinct advantage;
- Prior experience or familiarity with NGO sector would be an advantage;
- Knowledge of international protection and human rights legal standards
- Knowledge, skills and experience in community development and mobilization.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, creativity and flexibility.
- Excellent spoken and written English/Arabic and relevant computer skills.
- Full respect for client/organization confidentiality.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and respect for people with special needs and other vulnerability.
- Ability to work in a multicultural context as a flexible and respectful team player.
skills and languages:
Interested candidates should send their CVs in English with a cover letter to
firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title as the email subject. The code reference must be indicated in the email.