Ended Finance Assistant
finance Assistant (1)
Deadline: January 16, 2020
Duration: 10 Months
Reference code : finance Assistant # 20 -OCHA
About YARD foundation:
Yemen Alkhair for Relief and Development-(YARD)
Yemen AlKhair for Relief and Development foundation known as (YARD) is a national and nongovernmental foundation established in 2013, to implement various projects in relief and development. The foundation announces the need to hire a finance Assistant
. The aim from the job
The Finance Assistant will support all accounting processes related to the project on a daily basis. He/She will ensure that proper financial and programmatic documentation related to expenditures is submitted and filed
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing and recording the petty cash up to date and ensure that cash is available at all times for implementation of the activities or any surprise cash count.
- Review all approved payment documents with authorized signatures for proper and adequate backup before bank or cash disbursement.
- Prepare all payments vouchers and cheques/bank TRFs while ensuring adequacy and accuracy of supporting documentation.
- Ensure that all cash/bank transactions have been recorded up to date.
- Keeping a bank balance-tracking sheet up to date and coordinate with Finance Office / Senior Finance Officer for bank balance in local and foreign currency.
- Responsible of field office bank on all banking issues.
- Assist in bank accounts and cashboxes reconciliations.
- Maintain proper filling system for all financial and accounting documents up-to-date.
- Scan all vouchers, contracts and other financial documents as well as supporting documents on regular basis.
- Assist in the implementation of finance policies, procedures and regulations of YARD.
- Due to the nature of the program’s activities, the above-mentioned tasks are indicative only and are subject to change. Others/additional tasks may be delegated to meet programmatic objectives.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience :
- University degree preferably in (Finance assistant) and/or related field and 2- years of relevant professional experience in a similar setting and capacity
- Excellent organizational and communication skills and teamwork-oriented.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organization skills.
- Fluency in written and verbal English and Arabic is required. Must be able to read and interpret documents, and communicate with others as necessary to perform job duties effectively
- Proficient in standard Microsoft Office package (Word, Excel, Outlook) and typing.
- Ability to travel as required within Yemen.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage personal stress levels.
- Sense of neutrality and ability to work across Yemen, in cooperation with all parties to the conflict.
- Previous experience in field offices is a plus.
skills and languages:
Interested candidates should send their CVs in English with a cover letter to
email@example.com with the job title as the email subject. The code reference must be indicated in the email.