Ended ICT Officer
Mercy Corps is a leading international non-governmental humanitarian agency with a global mission to alleviate suffering, poverty and oppression by helping people build secure, productive and just communities.
Mercy Corps Yemen would like to announce that the following position is currently open for recruitment:
Position Title: ICT Officer
Number of Vacancy: 1
Duty Station: Aden
Position Category: Full-time AND Regular
Duration of Assignment: 5 months
Deadline : 14 Jan 2020
The IT Department provides the information technology required for the fulfilment of Mercy Corps mission in an efficient and effective manner.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
Maintain the ICT system in the Mercy Corps Aden and ensure the proper functioning of equipment and network to meet office needs and demands. Implement Mercy Corps Field IT Manual and adopt policies and procedures to the local context. The position primarily is supposed to fulfill the IT needs of MC-Aden and Al-Dhale’e offices.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Read and understand the Mercy Corps IT Systems policy on appropriate use. Orient staff on appropriate use and monitor use/activities to ensure adherence to these policies.
- Maintain the IT system at Mercy Corps Aden office; Windows Server, Next-Generation Firewall, includes Local Area Network (LAN), Wireless LAN, Network Printers, DHCP, File server, IP-PBX & FTP etc. Any changes to the current ICT systems should be consulted & approved by the ICT & T4D Manager.
- Undertake the responsibility for smooth functioning of internet services in MC-Aden and Al-Dlaea. Interact with ISP for day-to-day internet issues related to services and subscription charges.
- Ensure safe computing environment; timely patch management & system updates for Windows, Anti-Virus (Kaspersky) & other application software; and auditing computers for any spyware, adware and tracking cookies.
- Providing first-level support that includes receiving, processing and logging service requests in-house and remotely.
- Managing lifecycle of ICT incidents assigned to him/her in service management tool.
- Providing support in conferencing with ICT and video conference equipment as and when requested.
- Assist the ICT & T4D Manager in establishing & maintain a clear back-up policy for the Mercy Corps office Aden & Dale and undertake the necessary steps for this activity including designing a schedule and materials list. Ensure back up and archives are made and stored as scheduled.
- Under the guidance of the ICT & T4D Manager, undertake the repairing and maintaining of LAN-s, internet systems and general IT maintenance and training– as per needs outlined by the Head of Office.
- Oversee repair of computers and IT equipment at a local level, when possible - facilitate and advise on best, safest and most economic solutions in consultation with the ICT & T4D Manager.
- Maintain an efficient Local Area Network for Mercy Corps office. Do not change the current design of configurations without written approval after analysis by the ICT & T4D Manager. Current designs are appropriate for the programmatic needs for the office and any additions or changes require prior approval and planning.
- Identify equipment and accessories required for the smooth functioning of computers and IT equipment in Mercy Corps Aden. Facilitate purchase of items through the Procurement Department. Play active role in handling technical aspects of IT related procurements in coordination with ICT & T4D Manager.
- Arrange trainings for new hires with regard to MC online resources, using outlook etc. Conduct staff training on computer basics and the use of MS Office applications and networking.
- Maintain inventory of IT equipment’s, internet services, software licenses and consumables.
- Maintain proper documentation of all IT equipment including; system profiles, warranties and IT stock/accessories; Organize and maintain central filing system of satellite systems in MC Yemen;
- Assist in relocation and assembly of any equipment including computers, printers, accessories and satellite systems in Aden and Al-Dlaea in consultation with, ICT & T4D Manager & Head of office.
- Travel periodically to all field office Al-Dlaea to review IT systems and liaise with Senior/Operations Officers, Head of Office and ICT & T4D Manager.
- Follow IT team with new development and implementation.
- Contact and consult with Head of IT in regard to any critical problem in the servers, new viruses, and other related issues
- Responsible use and confidentiality of any information identified as sensitive.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
- Other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: None
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO
Head of office and ICT & T4D Manager
WORKS DIRECTLY WITH
Operation, Finance, Program, HR, Security teams and IT in field Offices
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer sciences or a related field.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience working with information technology systems (IT).
- Preferred experience of Cisco Meraki Appliance
- Experience with hardware and software requirements in local area networking (LAN) as well as in the configuration of internal email system as per the local area networking (LAN) required.
- Extensive knowledge of internet, proxy, pop mail, and TCP/IP settings, Linux and Windows applications.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members is required.
- Ability to troubleshoot, plan and design low maintenance systems is a must.
- Ability to trouble-shoot and maintain both wireless and cable connections is required.
- Female candidate are highly encouraged to apply.
- Ability to work simultaneously on multiple tasks.
- Ability to work as part of a team and coordinate with team members.
- High energy level.
- Good work habits under pressure.
Please if you are interested; use the following link to apply for the position: