Ended M&E Assistant
The Sustainable Development Foundation (SDF) is a non-governmental, voluntary, independent organization established in March 2015, officially registered at the Ministry of Social Affairs as per license (99). As SDF has been present in Yemen since 2015, it has experience implementing emergency child protection and education responses, including women and youth empowerment. SDF has experience in handling large grants from international donors, such as UNDP, UNHCR, OCHA, WHO, SCI and ZOA. The Foundation has excellent national-level relations and has experience in coordinating with both national and international NGOs. It has offices, staff and community based committees in Hajjah, Sana'a, Marib, Ibb, Hudidah, Dhamar, Al-Bayda’a and Hadramout as well as solid experiences engaging with local communities from whom it gained acceptance and with whom it has collaborated in the past. In addition to that, SDF creates livelihood opportunities and community based protection committees. Last but not least, the foundation is mainly focused on Sustainable Development Goals and Humanitarian Response.
Posted vacancy: M&E Assistant
Employer: Sustainable Development Foundation (SDF) – Yemen.
Position Type: Full-time contract.
Position reporting to: M&E Officer.
Starting Date: ASAP.
Post date: January 7th, 2020.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The M&E Assistant provides support to the Project Management Units (PMU) in the design, planning, monitoring and evaluation of the project by managing data and facilitating programme implementation, under the guidance and direct supervision of monitoring and evaluation department. The M&E Assistant promotes a client-oriented approach consistent with SDF rules and regulations. The M&E Assistant works in close collaboration with the PMUs, SDF programme team in the SDF’s branches and HQ staff (whenever required) for resolving complex programme-related issues and information delivery, as well as, with the government partners to ensure the smooth implementation of the project delivery.
Tasks and responsibilities to be undertaken
- Assist in capturing data across program interventions and analyze data collected during monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Oversee data tracking and analysis on regular basis and ensure that data and metrics in field reports are accurate.
- In coordination with M&E officer, adapt M&E systems to monitor and evaluate project activities and impact, in accordance with SDF & donor guidelines.
- Write and summarize field reports to develop quality and informative monthly and quarterly reports for donors and internal teams.
- Work with M&E officer to identify opportunities to innovate M&E systems.
- Support pre and post monitoring, need assessments, survey, focus groups and evaluation or verification as well as other studies at the project level.
- Conduct regular field visits to meet the beneficiaries, coordinate with M&E officer, to capture data correctly and efficiently to ensure regular and accurate information.
- Track and report lessons learned, prepare success stories about the program and share with M&E for wider circulation.
- Monitor project progress through field visit, offer feedback and keep regular communication with related field and office level staff.
* Ensures planning and implementation of the projects, focusing on overall M&E framework of the projects:
- Assist in the development of the project Monitoring and Evaluation plan and its effective and efficient implementation.
- Ensure that log frame performance and impact indicators are defined and are SMART (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic and Time bound).
- Ensure that the purpose of the M&E Operating Manual is being achieved and enabling decision-making on the project progression and development.
- Assist in the conduct of project baseline and progress surveys (appropriate sample size and sampling survey methods and data collection procedures, data verification though, periodic site visits, where appropriate provide or facilitate necessary training).
- Prepare annual work plans and associated budgets for M&E related activities.
* Ensure proper monitoring and reporting focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Draft Regular M&E project reports and assist in the preparation of project evaluation and/or review reports.
- Compile and consolidate project component reports monthly/quarterly/bi-annually.
- Ensure that project data are entered and updated on a timely basis.
- Ensure that lessons learned are fed back into project implementation.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
A. Academic qualifications:
Education to BS/BA/BEng level in Social Sciences, Public Health, Statistics, Management, Environment Sciences, Natural Science or related field combined with extensive experience in similar responsible position in rural community is considered as equivalent.
- At least 2 years of work experience in a field related to rural development, livelihoods,
agriculture promotion, and planning or project management or business administration.
- At least 2 year of experience in development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation or other learning efforts is required.
- Experience developing and disseminating regular communication materials and updates
- Experience conducting rapid needs assessments.
- Demonstrate good knowledge and skills of Information Technology, in order to support the development and maintenance of database system of the project
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, statistics analysis experience on evaluation of data, as well as, experience in updating data indicator in web system;
- Qualified candidates from the project' targeted governorates, will be given a selection advantage among others.
· Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are required to apply through the link: Click Here
not later than Jan 20, 2020)
- RECRUITMENT IS URGENT: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date, as CVs will be reviewed as they are submitted and INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON A ROLLING BASIS.
· Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.