Ended Field Coordinator
The Sustainable Development Foundation (SDF) is a non-governmental, voluntary, independent organization established in March 2015, officially registered at the Ministry of Social Affairs as per license (99). As SDF has been present in Yemen since 2015, it has experience implementing emergency child protection and education responses, including women and youth empowerment. SDF has experience in handling large grants from international donors, such as UNDP, UNHCR, OCHA, WHO, SCI and ZOA. The Foundation has excellent national-level relations and has experience in coordinating with both national and international NGOs. It has offices, staff and community based committees in Hajjah, Sana'a, Marib, Ibb, Hudidah, Dhamar, Al-Bayda’a and Hadramout as well as solid experiences engaging with local communities from whom it gained acceptance and with whom it has collaborated in the past. In addition to that, SDF creates livelihood opportunities and community based protection committees. Last but not least, the foundation is mainly focused on Sustainable Development Goals and Humanitarian Response.
Posted vacancy: Field Coordinator – Hajah.
Employer: Sustainable Development Foundation (SDF) – Yemen.
Position type: Full time contract.
Starting Date: ASAP.
Post date: January 7th, 2020.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Field Coordinator will report directly to the Project Manager.
- Coordinate with senior people in the villages to be targeted by the project to facilitate the task of the project team.
- Prepare a work plan in the field for the project.
- Supervising the implementation of awareness sessions, evaluation and documentation.
- Collecting, reviewing, validating and submitting reports of completion from all employees in the project per month to the project management.
- Delivering the mission and role of the Foundation in the targeted communities in coordination with the evaluation officer.
- Monitoring all problems and obstacles in the field.
- Improve the relationship of the Foundation to the targeted community
- To overcome any difficulties of coordination or communication may face the project team.
- Distribution of publications and follow-up volunteers with the partner and the collection of reports, stories and cases of study from awareness sessions.
- Coordinate fieldwork and communicate with relevant government and local authorities.
- Support and oversee the day-to-day implementation of all activities in the field site and submit the daily reports documented with pictures.
- Submit all the weekly, monthly and achievement reports to the line manager on time.
- Review and ensure timely submission of financial and logistical reports from the field site as required.
- Solve all the problems that the teams will face in the field.
- Continues communication with the management to keep them informed on any new update.
- Attend regular meetings with the local authorities and organizations working in the governorate.
- Support logistical and financial departments in providing necessary supportive documents in order to facilitate procurement and payments.
- Cooperate with project staff to accomplish the tasks in a timely manner
- Coordinate and arrange for all training courses in field of activities in the project.
- Monitor and supervise the disturbed incentive of unpaid teacher.
- Perform any other tasks that might be assigned by the supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree in field related to the job.
- Experience in field of coordination for at least two years.
- Work experience with local and international humanitarian organizations.
- Have the ability of persuading and the art of dealing with the targeted communities.
- Coordination and communication skills.
- English and Arabic language proficiency (speaking, reading, writing)
- Ability to overcome the problems and obstacles that hinder the progress of project activities.
- Qualified candidates from the project' targeted governorates, will be given a selection advantage among others.
· Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are required to apply through the link: Click Here
not later than Jan 20, 2020)
- RECRUITMENT IS URGENT: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date, as CVs will be reviewed as they are submitted and INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON A ROLLING BASIS.
· Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.